Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

1926 Model T RPU

Holy cow! All this in only a month. Amazing.

fuel tank:
this is 10"x36" stainless tank

I wanted it tucked under the bed hidden away.
However the fill neck and line ports were in the wrong spots. So i had to move them.

I also did not like the straps that these use. i made new mounts. had to build a jig to roll the 3/8x5/8 bar stock.

TKS1036.jpg

TKS1036_3.jpg

Beautifully done, but when I saw the pic of the tanks location it made me cringe. I hope the tank will be well shielded from what ever might go ballistic from the tires and road. I'm probably being paranoid, but years ago I had a rock shoot off the back tire of a truck in front of me. It hit my hood, gouged a depression most of the length of the hood, went through the windshield, then blew out the rear window of the Ranger's cab...and I was not following too close.

Parking brake cable connections.

I made up an aluminum block to capture the cables. and I used a simple turnbuckle to take up the slack in the cable.

Coolness! VERY impressive problem solving.

^*&*%^$# had to walk away from this today. i got all the brake lines installed and was bleeding the brakes when i found a weeping banjo bolt. installed new washers, same result. tried copper, steel, aluminum washers. Tried new bolt, worse leak. i guess i need to pull the parts off the car and check the mating surfaces. everything is new.... 'sigh'

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back