Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Another North Texas Newbie

THBcookieman

Hello everyone, My name is Bill and I am interested in T-Buckets. I am currently into HotBoats. I have a 19' Liberator Picklefork Blown 454w /dominator pump. I have had a few surgeries on my knees and it has become hard for me to get in the boat, so come spring I have plans on selling the boat. I have always wanted a T -Bucket so here I am. I don't know what I want to do... Build or buy one complete. I have seen some nice near completed Buckets for sale here on the site. I guess I will just watch and learn all I can from some of the owners of T- Buckets. I also have a website WWW.TexasHotBoats.com which I will continue to run. I still have a pontoon and Jet-skis so I can still have water toys. I will post a pic of my boat. I will continue to watch this site and get info from you guys as to what is best to do. Thanks 079.JPG078.JPG080.JPG081.JPG

Welcome to the site! Deciding to buy or build is a tough question. Buying gives you instant gradifacation but you often have to settle for some feature you're not pleased with. Building get you just what you want and you have pride in that you put your car together. We are lucky to have sponcers here that sell a complete car in kit form. This still allows you to make choises along the way. Which ever way you go, this site will prove to be one of your most valuable resources.

Ron

Welcome :tip: slap that engine in a T and you'll have a screamer. :pilot:

Welcome :tip: slap that engine in a T and you'll have a screamer. :pilot:

What engine?????

O' in the boat, I see.....Welcome to this site and they do like pictures.....

Mike

Got any more pics of that engine.???
Gerry

Thanks for the welcome guys.I would like to put the motor in a T-Bucket,but it will go with the boat when I sell it.I would rather just work with a SBC. I like the blower motors but they really like the fuel. I will continue to watch this site and learn as much as I can about T-buckets. I have until spring to make up my mind as to build or buy.

Welcome to the sight and God Bless TEXAS ! :hooray:

Welcome to the forum, that's a cool looking boat do you race it?

Welcome from the land of short bucket season. Wehad snow on the ground testerday there is somebody on here Blownt you might know from Houston he has a hot boat also.

Thanks again guys for the welcome. I don't race the boat, it's just a lake boat. I my boat is just like most of the T-Buckets that I have seen..... just Photogenic. I haven't been in the boat in 3 years due to knee surgeries. I have 3 surgeries in the last 6 months on the left knee. I plan on putting it up for sale in the spring. I want to replace it with a T-Bucket. I guess I really need to go to a car show and ask a bucket owner if I could sit in one to see if I can get into one before I buy one.I noticed that some T's have doors and some don't. I would only guess the ones without the doors are hard to get into.I use my boat in the winter by showing it at car shows or Toys for Tots show here in Granbury, Texas. Anyways I will continue to watch the boards and learn all I can about T's so that when I get my boat sold I can own one quick. Thanks Bill "cookieman"
Hope you like the sounds of a big block.

Thanks again guys for the welcome. I don't race the boat, it's just a lake boat. I my boat is just like most of the T-Buckets that I have seen..... just Photogenic. I haven't been in the boat in 3 years due to knee surgeries. I have 3 surgeries in the last 6 months on the left knee. I plan on putting it up for sale in the spring. I want to replace it with a T-Bucket. I guess I really need to go to a car show and ask a bucket owner if I could sit in one to see if I can get into one before I buy one.I noticed that some T's have doors and some don't. I would only guess the ones without the doors are hard to get into.I use my boat in the winter by showing it at car shows or Toys for Tots show here in Granbury, Texas. Anyways I will continue to watch the boards and learn all I can about T's so that when I get my boat sold I can own one quick. Thanks Bill "cookieman"
Hope you like the sounds of a big block.

Almost any T Bucket person will let you sit the car and most will take you for a ride and you don't even need them pretty girls to get a ride. Now don't get me wrong them being there with you would not hurt either I'm sure.........If you get to where I might be just look up the YeloT and I will give you a ride anytime......... :fidget: :thinkn: :hooray:

Welcome Cookieman,

You're in the right place to talk about T's. Depending how bad those knees are, definitely go for a T with a door - not only easier to get in but also easier to work on the interior. Mine doesn't have a door but I have long legs and good knees :lol: (but I would consider one with a door next time). Buying one already built will most likely get you on the road faster. Good luck with your search!

:welcome:

For what it is worth, anyone that can muster the courage to ask me for a ride, gets a ride. I figure that it is thier 1st ride, and I love making memories.

Bob

Thanks for all the replies Guys. I have been looking at a lot of pics of T's the last few weeks. I think I would be better off finding a built or maybe semi built T. I know that for sure I will need a bucket with door. I am 6' 4'' about 300# with semi bad knees. Well maybe I should say just 1 semi and 1 bad knee. I have a few questions that maybe could be you guys could help me with. What type of front end should I look for and why? Pics would help me understand the difference. I would aslo like to know the big difference in rear suspension. I need to know these things so when I am looking at buying and can make the right decision based off guys who know best. I have many more ?'s but I will save that for later. Looks like I maybe buying sooner than I thought because I may have my boat sold. I need advice as to what to look for and what not to get. All your help will be great. I know that a lot of guys have differnt ideas as to what is best but as I do on my website get all the info you can then I can make my own mind up as to what is best for me. Thanks again for all your help.Bill"cookieman"

Thanks for all the replies Guys. I have been looking at a lot of pics of T's the last few weeks. I think I would be better off finding a built or maybe semi built T. I know that for sure I will need a bucket with door. I am 6' 4'' about 300# with semi bad knees. Well maybe I should say just 1 semi and 1 bad knee. I have a few questions that maybe could be you guys could help me with. What type of front end should I look for and why? Pics would help me understand the difference. I would aslo like to know the big difference in rear suspension. I need to know these things so when I am looking at buying and can make the right decision based off guys who know best. I have many more ?'s but I will save that for later. Looks like I maybe buying sooner than I thought because I may have my boat sold. I need advice as to what to look for and what not to get. All your help will be great. I know that a lot of guys have differnt ideas as to what is best but as I do on my website get all the info you can then I can make my own mind up as to what is best for me. Thanks again for all your help.Bill"cookieman"

Hi
look for well engineered, well built and when you walk up to it, if it dont float your boat walk away. Its too easy to get carried away with wanting something and not getting the best you can. May I suggest you take some pics, especially close ups of the steering and suspension and post them for the guys to comment on. I once looked for a car for over 18 months till I found the one that was well built, the owner loved to death and drove right. Its worth the wait to get the right one.
Of course we have sponsor here that can sell you a 'bolt together' Bucket which meets all theses criteria. Plus they will support you and be there for your questions.

Spend once, spend wisely

Gerry

If you are like me where an inch of legroom makes a big difference, a stretched body is a plus. More legroom and a better choice of a comfortable seat.

If you are like me where an inch of legroom makes a big difference, a stretched body is a plus. More legroom and a better choice of a comfortable seat.

Awwww Come on
This is a bucket. Where does comfortable come in to it???? LOL

I have a XFire thats comfortable so I use it when I need to. The other times its the Topolino or a Rod
Have nt has surgery but its hard to bend those legs most of the time. Its also hard to focus on things without glasses, especially wine glasses
Gerry

Thanks again guys for the welcome. I don't race the boat, it's just a lake boat. I my boat is just like most of the T-Buckets that I have seen..... just Photogenic. I haven't been in the boat in 3 years due to knee surgeries. I have 3 surgeries in the last 6 months on the left knee. I plan on putting it up for sale in the spring. I want to replace it with a T-Bucket. I guess I really need to go to a car show and ask a bucket owner if I could sit in one to see if I can get into one before I buy one.I noticed that some T's have doors and some don't. I would only guess the ones without the doors are hard to get into.I use my boat in the winter by showing it at car shows or Toys for Tots show here in Granbury, Texas. Anyways I will continue to watch the boards and learn all I can about T's so that when I get my boat sold I can own one quick. Thanks Bill "cookieman" http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ljPOGXkbBJQ Hope you like the sounds of a big block.

Cookieman, Contact the North Texas T-Bucket club at nttb@gogglegroups.com. This club has about 60 members with a large variety of "T" s. You could attend one of their monthly meetings and get all the rides you want. They also would know about "T" s for sale in the area.

Cookieman, Contact the North Texas T-Bucket club at nttb@gogglegroups.com. This club has about 60 members with a large variety of "T" s. You could attend one of their monthly meetings and get all the rides you want. They also would know about "T" s for sale in the area.
Thanks for the heads up on the North Texas group. I will contact them and find out when and where they meet. I want be informed as to what to look for in a T. I still want to know more about front and rear suspensions. i don't want a high powered motor. I want door to help me get in and I like to bench seat look in the T-Buckets. I just got back this weekend from a boating event on Joe Pool lake here in the DFW area of Texas. I take pride in my boat, it is well maintained and a real head turner. I wnat they same in a T. I know I have seen some really sharp show T's but I want a driver also. Look good but at the same time useable. I have time to learn for my boat is not sold yet and I will watch and learn. I thank everyone again for all there support and welcome here on this site. Bill"cookieman"

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back