Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Changing dimension due to tubing size

I am thinking of building a '27 track T with a four cylinder engine and 5-speed transmission. The Speedway track noses vary from 18" wide to 23". Has anyone every seen a frame 18" in the front?

I've got a track roadster that measures 18" on the outside of the hoop. It is using the 2000 Ford engine and I could not use the stock motor mounts or fuel pump due to the narrow width. The alternator will need a fabricated mount but there is room for it. Other than that I don't see a problem.

FrontEndSideView.jpg

That would be a fun project. With the narrow engine you could pinch the rails closer together at the front xmemeber. A custom built radiator would be required. Try to find a copy of the October issue of Rod Action. There is an artical on Tom Prufer's track nosed T. They also used the project for build articals befor that for a year or so. Great source of info for ya.

Ron

Youngster, I believe this is same fellow that emailed me about a track T and I referred him to this site. Can you post a link to your frame plans as he was asking about some working plans.

I just Googled tbucket.com and the plans are there to download for free.

Ron

Ron, on a 23" outside width frame, when you mount the motor 1 1/2" higher to give more space to the starter, is there still sufficient space between driveshaft and floor?

Even with the motor set higher The floor is flat. You will however need a bit larger trans hump. Toeboards will make sitting in the car more comfortable too.

Ron

Ron, on a 23" outside width frame, when you mount the motor 1 1/2" higher to give more space to the starter, is there still sufficient space between driveshaft and floor?
There is will be enough space if you build the floor to accommodate the drive shaft as in all cars.

MVC-0077.jpg

Jim

Very cool T Kerry!! We'll have to ge together this summer.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back