Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Chevy truck axle adapters

RPM

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Sponsor
Here are some Chevy truck axle adapters. These will allow you to simply bolt on that 41-59 Chevy truck axle. Note that it has 5 holes for the pivots to bolt in so you can adjust the ride height. We also have the adapter plates and spacers to go on the spindles of these trucks to use GM brakes. It all bolts together.
P1010034-4.jpg

So glad to see someone making a quality piece for the guys who want to run those axles which were originally set up for parallel springs, Ron. I have seen some real abortions where guys welded batwings to the axle or made crude bolt on ones. If you make these they are bound to be good. :D

Don

Hey Ron, I can't see the pic because p-bucket is blocked here at work, but I have a question.

Just wondering if this will also work for the guys that grab an Econoline axle out of the junkyard.

Todd I don't have a bolt pattern for the Econoline axle. I would like to get it.

Akita It takes a 27" spring, We can supply the spring and all the shackles and pivots to make just bolt into a bucket frame.

I have an Econoline axle in the garage BUT the pads were cut off before I got it.

If I'm able to locate anyone that has an unmolested axle I'll get it or get some measurements for you.

-todd

RPM said:
Todd I don't have a bolt pattern for the Econoline axle. I would like to get it.

Akita It takes a 27" spring, We can supply the spring and all the shackles and pivots to make just bolt into a bucket frame.

so what would a package deal like this run? James

T-odd ... that e-axle you have is a forged unit as are the chevy axles. As such you can safely weld brackets to it. Ron's pieces will make a nice bolt together front end for those who aren't into welding.

Ron

i will get out to my garage and take a measurement of my econoline axle, ihave bought other items from Ron and they are all well made, i did buy a set of this style of brackets for the econoline axle, i bought them with no holes so i can make sure to mount them so they clear everything so i have some mocking up to do. but i will take some pictures and post them when i can , but it is hot in PHX and i dont like to work in the heat so as like most in the desert our projects are on hold untill it cools down some.

Has anyone used a set of these adapters yet? Thank you.

i will get out to my garage and take a measurement of my econoline axle, ihave bought other items from Ron and they are all well made, i did buy a set of this style of brackets for the econoline axle, i bought them with no holes so i can make sure to mount them so they clear everything so i have some mocking up to do. but i will take some pictures and post them when i can , but it is hot in PHX and i dont like to work in the heat so as like most in the desert our projects are on hold untill it cools down some.

HMMM very interesting, Thank you RPM, I have a similar axle if not the same one.....of course it says my file is too large to upload. At any rate I have a 47-55 Chevy 1/2 ton axle. I will have to give you a call.

Here is a picture a customer sent back with them installed. This is the GMC-Chevy truck axle.
GMCtruckfrontend-1.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back