Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

Hey Cooter, jury rigged the video and got to see it. Sounds good. Need to see the extended version with you "motorvateing over the hill".
Good luck and dry roads going to Indy.

John

Here.

Great job, COOTER!!!! Tonight, when you've calmed down, you'll sit there saying to yourself. "Damn. I built a car from scratch and it worked." Cheers.

Thanks guys... Still has a way to go but it sure is nice to hear that rumble and not have to push it in and out of garage. I just stood in middle of empty shop just to see how it feels.lol

Cooter, hope you don't mind, I put it on Youtube so everyone can watch it. Seems to play better too.

You seem to be the same as me. First time out; treat them gentle, get to know what you are dealing with and what they like and don't like. After a while its time to see how they go when you really want to show your hand. Applies to T Buckets and cute blonds.
G

You seem to be the same as me. First time out; treat them gentle, get to know what you are dealing with and what they like and don't like. After a while its time to see how they go when you really want to show your hand. Applies to T Buckets and cute blonds.
G

True. There are plenty of stories of guys letting these cars get away from them. I remember when I went to pick my car up, after my buddy dropped the new engine in. I walked up to him and asked if he'd taken it for a test drive and he looked at me and said, "You're a crazy son of a bitch." That's how I knew he'd done a good job. ;)

G
I like to learn a car before I start pushing things. Anyone can hold one wide open. A good driver knows when to go slow.

Baby steps, man. Baby steps.

I like to learn a car before I start pushing things. Anyone can hold one wide open. A good driver knows when to go slow.
A good friend of mine totaled his race VW testing on the street, when the throttle hung wide open on it. Upside down into a Culver, the to the hospital to sew his head all back together after it tested the roll cage.

A good friend of mine totaled his race VW testing on the street, when the throttle hung wide open on it. Upside down into a Culver, the to the hospital to sew his head all back together after it tested the roll cage.
Friend of mine backed rock bouncer off trailer at ohv park and thought he would just gas it in a turn and shut it off real quick.. Them 44" boggers bit and over she went. Head verses roll cage.. Stitches for his efforts..

I always use two springs on my carbs just in case one breaks.

I always use two springs on my carbs just in case one breaks.
That is a requirement in the NSRA Safety Inspection and for a very good reason.

Jim

G

True. There are plenty of stories of guys letting these cars get away from them. I remember when I went to pick my car up, after my buddy dropped the new engine in. I walked up to him and asked if he'd taken it for a test drive and he looked at me and said, "You're a crazy son of a bitch." That's how I knew he'd done a good job. ;)

Years ago, when I was running SCCA G&H classes, my personal rule was not to even come close to race speeds before 5 test laps...and then to gradually push to race speeds. I did not care if the car had not been off the trailer since the last outting, or I'd just done laps in another car. The car owner used to give me grief for not "getting down to business".

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back