Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

Ain't that the the nuts. Screams of excitement and exhilaration. That's what a T Bucket is all about. Sir, you have my admiration and respect.

Ain't that the the nuts. Screams of excitement and exhilaration. That's what a T Bucket is all about. Sir, you have my admiration and respect.
these two boys are havin fun... well, make that 3.. im a toys r us kid also.

Jarrett. Your dad did good, don't you think?

After putting all that work in, you dont want to tear it up anyways, take it easy, break it in, learn its nuances, then you can push the envelope! Great family project! Cooter, you created a monster or two! Lol... Once the bug bites, it gets in our blood. Your boys will be cursed to hot rod for life!

Hey guys, the boys ain't gonna never wanna leave daddy's house now. Lol... Jarrett sticks to me like my shadow... That's good and bad.. Makes me have to be a better man cause these boys sure watching. .. Hot rodders in the making..

Jarrett and Cory: looking forward to meeting both of you at the Nats in just over a week! Get you what you need to get finished and get up here safe. Indy! Indy! Indy!

We got 45 miles on car... Little carb trouble, little death wobble at 45 and sometimes takin Tennessee curves at 60... Playing with tire pressures, toe. 6° caster.. 1/8 toe out..22 psi front.... Down from 28.

Playing with tire pressures, toe. 6° caster.. 1/8 toe out..22 psi front.... Down from 28.
I tried the same thing with tires pressures, but I found out that higher pressure was better. I figured that a low tire is just another spring, but without any shock control. I run mine at the maximum tires pressure of 35 psi. YMMV !!! ;)

Your caster is good. You want "toe-in", not out. Try 1/8" "toe-in". Try 26-28 PSI in your tires. 22 psi is too low. Just like an over inflated beach ball, too much pressure will add bounce. There's no need to run max psi on tires, I wouldn't do that on a regular car. Maybe even have the tires balanced again, if it's been a while. I'm sure when others chime in, you'll find those figures correct. Also, make sure EVERYTHING is tight.

Last edited:
Another thought is to teach the boys to go over the whole car with a torque wrench and open end wrenches (maybe even marking paint) to ensure all bolts are properly tightened. With their youth & energy you could have the whole car throughly checked in a couple of hours.
I echo Fred's opinion. Or at least try it.
By the by, what are the engine specs again?

John

Another thought is to teach the boys to go over the whole car with a torque wrench and open end wrenches (maybe even marking paint) to ensure all bolts are properly tightened. With their youth & energy you could have the whole car throughly checked in a couple of hours.
I echo Fred's opinion. Or at least try it.
By the by, what are the engine specs again?

John
.60 over 283 balanced rotating assembly.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back