Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

Ordered new front tires. Front axle at 104 mph looks like Robbie gordan in Baja 1000....

You're getting wobble at 104 mph?o_O You sure? Usually, that happens at around 50 mph.

Last edited:
Where's the reflection of the driver, in the seat, in the gauge face?:confused: I can see the camera, but.....

Attachments

• cooters_130_lol.jpg
    cooters_130_lol.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 13
Well, I probably shouldn't have pushed it. Pop even said we was crazy for tryin it with all that shake.. Least now I know it's the tires.. Gotta start somewhere.. Maybe they like winged outlaws, handle better wide open?

One thing is it is so dang light and quick your in the triple digits before you know it.. Spooky..

So, just guessing, what do you think your 1/4 mile time would be? Just an estimate.

One thing is it is so dang light and quick your in the triple digits before you know it.. Spooky..

Is that speedo calibrated?

Punch it, man! Just be careful out there.

I bet it slows down with that 20x40 windshield when I get one. Been wearing nemesis glasses

Or you will. A 20x40 parachute made of glass, at 132 mph, could be bad news. Better get a set of those support rods.

I built a 327 with a 283 crank, 2.02 camels dual carter afb's on a dual plane. It was a absolute screamer. I miss it. Actually have parts to build a clone in the barn but with a tunnel ram this time. I used a '66 block, small journal. What it may have lacked in torque, it more than made up for in rpm. It would wind up right now. I love those old engines! The 289 is a good one too!

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move that wall.

If a 300 Lb. race bike crashes into the wall at 100 MPH, Horsepower got him to hit the wall at that speed, and the wall probably won't move much. Hit the same wall with a 75,000 LB. semi truck traveling at just half that speed, and the wall will get knocked down and pushed off the race course a few hundred feet. That is the definition betwen horsepower and torque.

From What is the difference between horsepower and torque?

Last edited:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back