Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Dragmaster Tube Chassis - "Streetster"

Tantrum

Does anyone have or know of anyone who has a Dragmaster Tube Chassis that was marketed in the 1960's as the "Streetster"? The reason I ask is that I have a "Streetster" that my Dad originally bought from Jim Nelson (Dragmaster) and would like to find out how many exist. I e-mailed the new owner of Dragmaster in CA but he did not reply. I might try to contact Jim Nelson directly to see if he has any records of how many were built.

Welcome Tantrum :hi: You got pics of that Streetmaster for us?

Does anyone have or know of anyone who has a Dragmaster Tube Chassis that was marketed in the 1960's as the "Streetster"? The reason I ask is that I have a "Streetster" that my Dad originally bought from Jim Nelson (Dragmaster) and would like to find out how many exist. I e-mailed the new owner of Dragmaster in CA but he did not reply. I might try to contact Jim Nelson directly to see if he has any records of how many were built.
There is a purple t bucket in Florida with a round tube chassis, only one I have ever seen. Can't be too many around.

Welcome to the site. I'd really like to see pictures of your chassis.

Ron

Here are a few photos. The Frame shots are not the best (I was documenting a couple of repairs/improvements I made). I have a drawing that came from Dragmaster that I will scan and post when I find it.

Tantrum 3D.jpg
Frame Front.jpg
Rear Frame.jpg

Here are a few photos. The Frame shots are not the best (I was documenting a couple of repairs/improvements I made). I have a drawing that came from Dragmaster that I will scan and post when I find it.

[attachment=3646:Tantrum 3D.jpg]
[attachment=3647:Frame Front.jpg]
[attachment=3648:Rear Frame.jpg]

It is amazing how many t are out there ,that you look at and like one thing or another about that car.You like the one you built or are building. And then someone post a pic of a car that looks like this and WOW . This thing just sits right has the right amount of badass all over it . All that to say what a bitchin car.

CCCCooooooooool

I have what I think is a Dragmaster t bucket. It has a Streetster script name plate. The front end is different with a single cross torsion bar in the crossmember and short links from the crossmember to the front axle. The two tubes converge at the front crossmember instead of being parallel like yours. Your torsion bar setup is not what I have seen in the photos I have seen. Doesn't mean it wasn't made that way originally by Dragmaster.
I bought it about 6 months ago and am doing some safety mods, like brakes, a horn and replacing a cracked windshield. It is apart in the garage and waiting for bearings to mount the wire wheels and an adaptor to bolt the discs in place. I'm too old to drive a car with no front brakes, the frame was repaired and is bent, the torsionbar arms are welded solid. I guess it got wrecked, they should have had front brakes.
When I get it out I will take some pictures.
Mine has a Pinto engine and no muffler. I is still fun to drive to the local Red Robin cruise night.

I just posted some new pictures of the Dragmaster Brochures I have in my gallery. One of them has a drawing of the frame design that I have and the other has a photo of another frame design they offered. Do either of these look like your frame?

The following information about Streetster Kits is from the internet:

"In 1964, the Dragmaster Company, which had previously built chassis for dragsters, introduced their Streetster T roadster, a kit hot rod with a fiberglass body and a race-derived chassis intended for street use. Eelco, a California speed parts company, later offered this kit as the T Streetster. The chassis was made from round tubes arranged as a perimeter ladder frame mounting 1932-48 Ford suspension at both ends with 1956-57 Ford steering. Engine mounts could be ordered for Ford or Chevy engines."

I look forward to seeing the pictures of your car (and frame).

I have an original sales brochure from 1964 that I found at a used book sale. I could copy it and send it to you PDF if you are interested.

I just joined this forum because of this thread! About three weeks ago, I bought a 1923 T Bucket with a round tube frame. It is an early 70's car with a Chrome 57 chevy rear and coil overs, powered by a Chevy (I am a Ford guy) with a tunnel ram and two fours. We are going through the whole car but keeping all the patina from the 70's intact. The round tube frame really caught my eye and I am wondering if I too may have a Dragmaster frame in my car. Of course I will put some pictures up in the next few days. I do not have torsion bars but just one big round tube coming up to the headlite mounting place. At that spot, they welded and ground smooth, a piece of square stock and tehn continued with the round tube to the front cross member. The front cross bar is also round. It looks very simular to the Killer Green T down in Texas. I will post up some pictures soon.

I just joined this forum because of this thread! About three weeks ago, I bought a 1923 T Bucket with a round tube frame. It is an early 70's car with a Chrome 57 chevy rear and coil overs, powered by a Chevy (I am a Ford guy) with a tunnel ram and two fours. We are going through the whole car but keeping all the patina from the 70's intact. The round tube frame really caught my eye and I am wondering if I too may have a Dragmaster frame in my car. Of course I will put some pictures up in the next few days. I do not have torsion bars but just one big round tube coming up to the headlite mounting place. At that spot, they welded and ground smooth, a piece of square stock and tehn continued with the round tube to the front cross member. The front cross bar is also round. It looks very simular to the Killer Green T down in Texas. I will post up some pictures soon.

Welcome Flatsman, :tip: When you get the pics, go ahead and start an intro thread here. We all like to see old builds. :spy:

I'm still trying to figure out how he did the clutch pedal with the vertical steering.

1BadApl5.jpg

I'm trying to visualize someone operating the clutch pedal with that super short column. left leg through the spokes perhaps. :rolleyes: It is a VERY cool looking car however.

Russ

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back