Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

East Coast Gathering????

I'm a fast driver, Ron, but 500 miles in 6 hours is an average speed of 83.3 MPH. You have GOT to be kidding! It is an 8 hour drive to Charlotte and Pigeon Forge is a good bit further from Orlando. I know because I have driven it for the "Shades of the Past" meet.

Jim

EX JUNK said:
I'm a fast driver, Ron, but 500 miles in 6 hours is an average speed of 83.3 MPH. You have GOT to be kidding! It is an 8 hour drive to Charlotte and Pigeon Forge is a good bit further from Orlando. I know because I have driven it for the "Shades of the Past" meet.

Jim

Yea you are right, I was just guessing. 400 miles in 6 hours is doable. If it is all interstate.

Mapquest says 671 miles from Orlando to Pigeon Forge, TN about 10 1/2 hours. I would say that would be really pushing it too. it is all interstate, but one has to stop for food and fuel.

Oh well it was just a thought.

I'm in if its Pigeon Forge or Sommerset Ky. Sommerset was a nice place for the PowerTour, and they definately rolled out the red carpet!

I'd love to have a bucket get-together within a days driving range that is an excuse for a cruise. Nashville would be cool too, but where ever it is, I think it should tacked it on with another event of reasonable size. Just my 2 cents.

T-Odd said:
There really isn't anything to do in Nashville.

I've thought about Nashville Nats a lot... just can't make it eventful.

A Natchez trace cruise would be really nice though.

Natchez Trace Parkway (U.S. National Park Service)

You are right we were in Nashville about 2 weeks ago and a lot of the places downtown have closed up. Parking was a big rip off $22.00. I won't be going back to nashville anytime soon.

It might work to have two focused events - one for the northeast folks (Maine to maybe South Carolina and west to the Mississippi) and one for the southeast folks (maybe North Carolina to Florida and west to the Missippi). Of course no reason people couldn't go to both. Just need to find two somewhat centrally-located locations and people to coordinate the gatherings.

Just my two cents worth, for what they are worth,,,,,,,,,,,The best way to set up a run (gathering) is for someone to take the bull by the horns "wherever they" live and tell the world of T Buckets about it and then they will come..............Just be prepared to take a little time for it to build. No one can get everyone to agree on a spot before hand,,,,,,,,,Been there and done that..................2cents........I am done...........:):):cool:

Mike

I still have a long way to go building my bucket but when it's done I would be willing to go to any show in any of those areas. Geez I can wait until my bucket is done!

If everybody is registered on that map (frapper) we could easily figure out some locations where it can be in a central area unique to locations dictated by the map.

Mike

This is what can be done in Somerset ky. On the 4th sat of the month from April to oct we have a free car show in our downtown area on the 4th Friday we also have a block party live music and a car show all free the block party is put on by wal mart.
I have been talking to somernites cruse who puts all of this on and trying to get a parking area for the Ts if you decide to come to somerset ky

Bill is right on here. This would let us all gather at an already established show. It could be during the summer months. I know some still have kids in school.

Bill how far is Somerset off of I-75?

Somerset is about 30 miles off of I75 and 1 mile off of cumberland park way. What i was thinking was we could start our get together early in the week and then end with car show on sat and cruse on sat. night, during the week i can lay out nice daytime cruses also after the block party on Friday night at 9pm we can drive to london drag strip and the will let us make as many passes as we want for $10 if this is what you decide to do i would have to know as early as possible to make the plans.

Check out somernitescruise.com this will tell all about the car show and what is going on there is a lot on u tube to see also

We had a great in Somerset on the PowerTour. I think that would be a great place for a mini-meet. This are of the country is scenic and awesome for nice short day cruises. I'd love to do the East coast/Midwest Bucket get together there. My vote would be for mid-June as the weather is really nice that time of year there. Here are a few pics of us heading to Somerset this year. :welxome:

DSCF1107.jpg

DSCN0224.jpg

DSCN0219.jpg

DSCN0194.jpg

After some thought, I really think the Somerset Ky event would be a great deal. They already have a big car show going. We have several members who have stepped up and volunteered to help put that together.

The dates I was looking at would be June 25-26 weekend. We could gather a day or two earlier than that and do our own thing with the T's.

Check out their web site they have a lot going on. I don't think we would even have to have any fees involved with this as in FREE.

http://www.somernitescruise.com/

What does everyone think? Could this be a place and a date that you Bucket Heads would want to do?

From the look of their pic's it looks like they need some buckets...

After some thought, I really think the Somerset Ky event would be a great deal. They already have a big car show going. We have several members who have stepped up and volunteered to help put that together.

The dates I was looking at would be June 25-26 weekend. We could gather a day or two earlier than that and do our own thing with the T's.

Check out their web site they have a lot going on. I don't think we would even have to have any fees involved with this as in FREE.

http://www.somernitescruise.com/

What does everyone think? Could this be a place and a date that you Bucket Heads would want to do?

YES! :lol: We'll bring our 27's.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back