Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Feel like a kid at christmas

jbisme said:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't turn signals required? I only ask, because I had a $115 ticket for not using my turn signals turning into my driveway in front of a cop and it still irretates me a year and a half later. :mad:

You got a ticket in the boat for not using turn signals?

Just kiddin.

Here in TN you only have to have on the car what was on them the year it is titled as. So mine is titled as a 23 truck. So there are a lot of things I don't have to have. Signals, electric lights, wipers, brake lights, seat belts, not required by law.

I have built two vw sandrails for highway use only and i make my own turn
signal setup.
use two double throw,double pole switches, one for the left and one for the right.
and two flasher.you can wire it for only one flasher but a lot simpler with two.
When you flip the switch up it will stop the brake light on that side and start the
flasher .
You have to flip it back down to cancel the turn signal.
I also installed dash lights to show the turn signal ( i sometimes forget )
A lot cheaper and you can custom install them where you wont them.

Finally got around to getting back to work on my car. I have built my turn signal/headlight mounts. Also started my dash and some wiring.

Eric
DSCN3200.JPGDSCN3199.JPGDSCN3195.JPG

Nice looking I really like the dash. Looks like you are going to be driving this summer.:hoist:

Eric, did you make provisions for the light wires to run through the mount. I presume that they are made from tube not solid round bar.

Jim

Thanks Putz.I played around with all kinds of dash designs. I would like to be driving by summer. Exjunk yes the wires are already connected. All wiring is running through the frame. I want every thing hidden that I can possibly hide. I have put alot of effort in to hiding all welds and wiring that I can. Exjunk I have modeled alot of my ideas off of your build.

Eric

Built and installed my shifter today. Also, got my wheels so I will be headed off to get tire. I can't wait to make this a rolling chassis. :thumb:

Eric

Attachments

• phpoYr2CePM.jpg
    phpoYr2CePM.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 59
Well I finally got my wheels and tires. Whoohoo. I finally have a rolling chassis, which is good because were I started the build was getting a little close to the wall.

Attachments

• DSCN3207.JPG
    DSCN3207.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
  • DSCN3206.JPG
    DSCN3206.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 139
  • DSCN3204.JPG
    DSCN3204.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 114
Well I relocated my steering shaft bearing bracket. I didn't like having the nut pointed up. I also shortened my steering column, after I started building my seat back, I found that my steering column was to long. Started working on the sidewalls and seat design.
I am going in so many directions I don't know which way I'm going. I will probably go get my stainlees firewall cut tomorrow. My daugthers boyfriends family owns a metal fabrication shop. So I'm going to take advantage of free.

Eric

Got my headers installed. Started fitting my stainless firewall. Worked on my interior layout, I didn't like the way it was turning out. I have a vision in mind, and it wasn't looking like I envisioned, so I scrapped the design and started over. I wanted a padded rail around the the top, after hours of racking my brain my wife helped me out. She said why not use a pool noosdle, so she brought me one home. After cutting the noodle down the middle I found out that it was what I was looking for. I still have to redesign the whole interior layout, but I was plaeased with the padding design. I will post pictures soon.

Eric

Here is a picture of my firewall and headers. I have all kinds of parts on hand, but have not had time to work on the car. I have a job yhis morning, so I hope to be able to do some work this afternoon. I have a polished intake, carburetor, distributor and wires, fuel pump and filter and all my brake line material. I ahve plenty to do,I just need time.

Eric

Attachments

• DSCN3254.JPG
    DSCN3254.JPG
    254.2 KB · Views: 55
Looking good what do you have planned for your firewall any thing special?

Putz, I have a piece of stainless on the firewall. It will be polished a little later on.

Eric

I had a good day working on the car. I installed my new intake, carburetor, distributor and plug wires. I also pulled the motor and installed my flex plate. I replaced my input and output shsft seals and the shifter linkage seal on my transmission. I put my header extensions on. I will finsh the brake lines and install my new fuel pump and filter next.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 62
:good: looking great

Looks like you are almost ready for that first test drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:good:

I finally got my fuel system all together and fired up the electrical system. I didn't let the smoke out of anything. I'm starting to design my alternator bracket.

Attachments

• DSCN3285.JPG
    DSCN3285.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN3286.JPG
    DSCN3286.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN3287.JPG
    DSCN3287.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCN3288.JPG
    DSCN3288.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN3289.JPG
    DSCN3289.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCN3290.JPG
    DSCN3290.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCN3291.JPG
    DSCN3291.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 42

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back