Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

fiberglass questions

willys t

This is kind of a dumb question but i'll ask anyway.What im doing is i cut the front off of a 23 body and redid it with styrofoam to look like a 27,"like ex junks". My question is can i just put tin foil over the foam and do the fiberglassing joining it to the body,then after it has cured ,just pull the styrofoam out or should i make a mold first.I have pictures to show what i have but im have problems trying to up load them from my files and this site wont let me load them from my photo bucket account untill have made 10 posts here
thanks Bill

You can use aluminum foil but duct tape or masking tape will also work.

Jim

I like to use the foil that has a release side and stick it on the form or whatever pattern you are using with two sided tape and put the fiber glass on that, then it comes off easy.

I like to use the foil that has a release side and stick it on the form or whatever pattern you are
You can use aluminum foil but duct tape or masking tape will also work.

Jim
Thanks for the info.Im putting a new furnace in the garage tomorrow so as soon as that is done im going to start laying it up.
thanks Bill
using with two sided tape and put the fiber glass on that, then it comes off easy.

This is great that you are going to create your own body design. I like the look of Ex Junks car also and was trying to figure out the body at first.

i have been working with glass for the past few months now and so far wax paper works the best for me. and if you ever need to create a part....use the green (dry) floral foam ..easy to shape and you can glass over it no problem. when the glass is dry just pull the foam out . other foams will melt and make a huge mess .

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back