Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Headers for 351C ?

askiles

Does anyone have any pics of different types of headers in a '23 T with a 351C (Cleveland) engine in it? I don't see many people selling any roadster style headers for the 351C. Looking to see what is out there. Thanks!

I see Sanderson makes a set, but they are WAYYYY expensive. ~$900 for an uncoated steel set is crazy. Not looking to spend that much. I will contact Schoenfeld and see as well. Thanks.

Hedman makes them for the 351, roadsters, 1 7/8's tube, don't know if its for the 351C or W....then theres Gibson, they made them. Hooker at one time made the roadster headers....
Check out Summit and Jegs, also the folks that specialize in Fords. Might want to check out the HAMB boards, or over at KillBillet, might be able to get some good stainless ones pretty cheap the way the economy is....

I see Sanderson makes a set, but they are WAYYYY expensive. ~$900 for an uncoated steel set is crazy. Not looking to spend that much. I will contact Schoenfeld and see as well. Thanks.
Order the kit or have them weld them up for you, Stahl Headers will fix your up http://www.stahlheaders.com/Frame New OT.htm I am going to use the 2" tubes, a little over 300.00.

If you had some done in the past by Matt at Geardrive I would suggest going back to him. We have done some business with him and found him to be a very helpful guy who makes a really nice product. Not sure if he does traditional T bucket style headers, but I know he does the lakes style.

Don

Yeah Matt does great work. Maybe I try some zoomie's?!? Hmmmm...LOL A muffler may be a good idea if I ever want the wife to ride with me.

Thanks Mike...those are pretty cool headers. The fact that the exhaust flange surface is pretty much already at a 45 degree angle, make me think it would be very easy to put together a set of headers myself pretty cheap. Something simple like a lake style or log style would be pretty easy. Zoomies ever easier! Just a flange with 4 straight pipes coming off of it. LOL

That's what I was thinking after seeing those. It's just a lake style header with extended tubes to drop it down... Looks pretty cool and simple.

Indeed it does! You could even fit a nice small muffler in there somewhere and quiet it down quite a bit I am sure. A common 3" pipe maybe leading into a nice round 3" muffler? I am looking at NEHR Speedcraft's "lake" style header thinking something along those lines may be an easy idea for the 351C.

By the way, just buttoned up the 351C going in my 23...

2012-06-06_22-21-08_798.jpg

2012-06-06_22-21-19_877-1.jpg

Andy, between the engine and the seats, it looks like you're making a lot of progress on your ride. Glad to see it coming together!

I am putting in the hours to finish it now! Tons of hours just went into fiberglassing the tunnel, top and bottom.

I built my own with the help of a plumber friend. Had individual flanges made up and the pipes we packed with sand and bent them up in the vice on the bench.

MyT1983001.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back