Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Headers for 351C ?

Weren't they in production a lot longer Down Under? I think the 351C only lasted about four years in US production.

That's about what I figured--in the US the 351C disappeared after 1974 and we never got the 302C.

That is why the 351C is so freaking cool! LOL Not to mention so many other great design aspects of it compared to small blocks.

It's a little frustrating that the SBC--good as it is--has become the one-size-fits-all default choice. But there are so many different permutations of SBC, from 262 to 400, and lots of parts are interchangeable between them. That's a real advantage for the aftermarket--they can cover a huge part of the market with one or two basic designs of (for example) header flange, or valve cover, or intake manifold.

On the other hand, why the heck did Ford have to have two different engines of the same displacement in production at the same time, with very little interchangeability between them? Lots of performance parts are available for the Windsor--I guess because it shares a lot with the 302 that was in production for so long. I've heard that the Cleveland has better flowing heads than the Windsor, but it's now almost an orphan.

The heads on a 2v Cleveland have ports that are big block sized...they are a sight to behold! Get a hold of a 4v one and WHOA!! I also really like the dry intake manifold. Who needs water in there to help muck things up?!? All in all it is an awesome design for an engine...Ford should have ran with it.

With ports that big I wonder why they even made a 2v version--or why they made a 4v Windsor for that matter.

Okay quick poll...what in your opinion will look better on my car with the 351C; Lake Style Headers or a Sprint Style Header??

This was a pair of Lake Headers on the mock up engine...wish I would not have sold them with the engine!!!

97111.jpg

I actually already have the flanges, but thanks. The Lake's do look cool...pretty sure I am going that route!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back