dist is like 1/4 or less from the fire wall
i have the lexan mirror firewall to go on
there
that HEI is so big and unsightly im
thinking about just buying an MSD flamethrower
and coil
any thoughts on this ???
what are you guys runing ??

also my trans dip stick hardly fits between the trans tunnel and the tranny its a braided one kinda like the lokar and is very short
im thinking about getting the stock one in chrome
and making the knob from the lokar like one fit to that

Your car is a Total P, isn't it? They have said it is very tight. I may or may not switch. If so, I'll probably go with an Accel unit. My engine is stock, so I wouldn't need a whole lot of extra spark.

yes fred my car is a total car
it is very tight
i wouldnt want to scratch up that mirror
good for me my HEI is still brand
new in the box
ill be able to sell it

Yea, I have read a few people complain about it being a tight or close fit. I'm going to try mine with the HEI and if it looks like I can't live with it, I'll switch. Distributor and coil set ups are fairly cheap, but I sure like not having one extra thing to have to mount somewhere. It's like Total just needs to add about one more inch to thier frame for things to fit right. You think they would have. I think HEI is less trouble.

Now I'll sit and wait for Rick to come in and tell us how if our distributor was up front, like that OTHER engine company, we wouldn't be having this issue.:)

tfeverfred said:
Yea, I have read a few people complain about it being a tight or close fit. I'm going to try mine with the HEI and if it looks like I can't live with it, I'll switch. Distributor and coil set ups are fairly cheap, but I sure like not having one extra thing to have to mount somewhere. It's like Total just needs to add about one more inch to thier frame for things to fit right. You think they would have. I think HEI is less trouble.

Now I'll sit and wait for Rick to come in and tell us how if our distributor was up front, like that OTHER engine company, we wouldn't be having this issue.:lol:

Yep mines 16 1/2 inches from the firewall.:):rofl::rofl::rofl:

Picture043.jpg

Now gentlemen, that is an engine. A ford in a ford.:)

thomas:)

I have an HEI on my 283. It is close to my diamond plate firewall but it does clear. No troubles with the HEI.

With the body I have mounted up, I've got about an inch clearance and as guys, we all know how every inch matters. :lol:

hey guys, i have found if you need room for a distributor in what ever you are building, you can't beat the Pertronix unit. just get a stock non HEI chevy distributor from napa or pep boys or wherever. i usually get a rebuilt one for about $35.00 bucks or so and the Pertronix unit cost about $60-$90 i think, according to the car. it uses a stock size coil, i use an Accell. i have had one in my henry j and i've got 47,000 miles on it now and have never changed plugs!! it still runs like a rocket. see you around the club house!!

I gotta go withflatheadgary on this one. A stock Chebby distributor will give you everything you want. If you like the electonic thing adaptor kits are out there.

Re:The trans. dipstick

I have the Lokar short dipstick to my TH 350. Since I don't want anything on my firewall, I mounted it to the top side bellhousing bolt. It's fairly tight, I had to notch the lower part of the mirror for clearance. And it has just enough slope to drain back okay. I had a heck of a time reading the plastic dipstick, so I sanded it rough, and it's much easier to read. :)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back