Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Left and right headlight wires in harness

AndyMenon

Folks,

My wiring harness has only 1 wire each for low beam and high beam. Do I have to splice these wires to connect the hi beam and low beam wires from my king bee headlights to hook them up?

Thanks and I hope you folks get to enjoy your rod projects this summer!
Andy

Hook the two high beams together and then hook the two low beams together. In other words, the high beam wire coming from the dimmer switch goes to the left light and then to the right light. The same goes for the low beam. The power for the dimmer switch comes from the headlight switch. I suggest that you check out the wiring diagrams in the TECH SECTION.

Jim

Hook the two high beams together and then hook the two low beams together. In other words, the high beam wire coming from the dimmer switch goes to the left light and then to the right light. The same goes for the low beam. The power for the dimmer switch comes from the headlight switch. I suggest that you check out the wiring diagrams in the TECH SECTION.

Jim
Thanks Jim. But the headlight switch I bought from Coolflex claims that it does not require the foot operated dimmer switch. If that's the case, I would have to run the power wire some place else. I plan to use a relay to run all high amp consumers (lights, fuel pump, electric water pump, and the electric fan). There is a terminal called "Battery Feed" at the back of the headlight switch. Where does this terminal lead to?

Thanks as always!

"Battery Feed" is the feed or hot wire from your distribution panel or fuse panel. It is what powers your light switch.

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back