Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Mounting the PC-91 ignition coil

AndyMenon

Hello my friends,

I have a PC-91 coil. I plan to mount it on the inside & under the dash on the passenger side, and then run the wires thro' a hole in the firewall. Will this in any way cause electro-magnetic interference with my Electronic gauges?

The intent is to keep my firewall (which btw is fibeglass) looking as clean as possible on my T. I'll be cutting a wooden backer board to fit under the dash, and mount the coil and the fuseblock of the wiring harness and then run the wires from there.

Tips?, Ideas?

Thanks much!

Andy that will work just fine. Use 3/4"" ply wood and some bondo to fasten it. Then use 1/2" screws to fasten the parts to the firewall. Don't want the screw points coming thru the fire wall.

Andy that will work just fine. Use 3/4"" ply wood and some bondo to fasten it. Then use 1/2" screws to fasten the parts to the firewall. Don't want the screw points coming thru the fire wall.
Thanks RPM! I really appreciate the quick turnaround! :laugh:

Thanks RPM! I really appreciate the quick turnaround! :bow:
Just looked at my T-body again. The previous owner has drilled 3 holes in the dash and mounted 3 machine screws. They're right where I want them :laugh: .
Ran down to the shop and made a kwick paper template :) before my wife found me missing from the house yet again :laugh: !

Will try to post pix tonite if possible.

I think this is a cool way to pass through the fire wall MSD bulkhead fitting.

Anyone who sells MSD ignition parts should have them i think speedway may. about 20 bucks if i remember correctly.

I wish everything they make wasnt red..

I just installed an Excell distributor and cap with HEI supercoil both (brown) . I scuffed them both with scotchbrite and painted with the krylon plastic paint and it turned out great.

I just installed an Excell distributor and cap with HEI supercoil both (brown) . I scuffed them both with scotchbrite and painted with the krylon plastic paint and it turned out great.
My frame isn't red altogether. It is actually Sunset Orange from a 1997 Volkswagen. It appears red at first sight, but when angled to the sun, it sort of displays an orange hue. The nearest accessory colors I could match this up with was red. Now that my body is Yellow, the red looks logical.

My frame isn't red altogether. It is actually Sunset Orange from a 1997 Volkswagen. It appears red at first sight, but when angled to the sun, it sort of displays an orange hue. The nearest accessory colors I could match this up with was red. Now that my body is Yellow, the red looks logical.

Jegs.com or summitracing .com will have these. I too mounted a pc-91 under dash on passenger side but used my fuel regulator screws to mount it and drilled hole for the coil wire to pass through with a grommet to protect it.

Jegs.com or summitracing .com will have these. I too mounted a pc-91 under dash on passenger side but used my fuel regulator screws to mount it and drilled hole for the coil wire to pass through with a grommet to protect it.
Thanks! Here is the latest update on my project. Let me know your thoughts!

Cheers!
Andy

on the bucket I got my Crane coil behind the firewall and drilled a hole with the wire thru. But on the boat I fab'ed a sheetmetal plate and mounted it off the head. The new blower motor will be similar but a nicer mount and powdercoated.

on the bucket I got my Crane coil behind the firewall and drilled a hole with the wire thru. But on the boat I fab'ed a sheetmetal plate and mounted it off the head. The new blower motor will be similar but a nicer mount and powdercoated.
Nice!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back