Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My latest and greatest

volksnut

I've been tossing around the ideas of whether buying or building my latest T, I bought plans, asked questions on the short wheel based chassis, but have decided on a long wheel based frame. So with that said I stumbled upon a car built by the late Ted Brown, I've always wanted one of his but didn't think I'd ever find one, it came unexpectedly as I was on my way to another Ted Brown built T. You all might have seen this one on a video collage on youtube. I picked it up Wednesday and was amazed by this time capsule, it was just as Ted built it, so after getting the car loaded I made the long trip back home safe and sound. I have a bunch of other things to get done before I start on this one, like sell my '57. I'll keep you all updated, this thing is SWEET and well made for sure.in primer.jpg longt.jpeg P6091174.jpeg

Great find! What time elapsed between the red paint and the primer?
6 years...Ted built the car in '88 for the original owner, then he painted/chromed it in '94, car only has 47 miles on it, it sat in the guys garage, he passed in 2010

Ted would be very happy to know one of his was being used again.

Congratulations on the quick sale of the '57. Now you can turn all your attention to getting that T on the road.

Jim

I would love to see more pictures. Ted's Ts always had a 'look' to them.
Thanks
Gerry

Congratulations on the quick sale of the '57. Now you can turn all your attention to getting that T on the road.

Jim
Jim, nice to talk to you again, I believe I met you and your wife at the Easter Rod Run on Alafaya Trail years ago, I think I had my '27 Hupmobile (avitar) then.

I would love to see more pictures. Ted's Ts always had a 'look' to them.
Thanks
Gerry
Yes they do, and I liked Ted and his work, we had talked about his latest long frame which this one has, I'll try to post more pix as time goes on. He built quite a few with this updated frame, it has a main frame and an open lower that ends at the kick. He loved the Eagle and used it everywhere :) Some of Ted's features were the long front spring, tie rod up and behind wheel, rear coil springs, dual VW master cylinders, large round gas pedal, removable front license plate mount (eagle on his) etc. etc. I'm just a little excited can't you tell :)

Attachments

• P6121191.jpeg
    P6121191.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 90
  • P6121192.jpeg
    P6121192.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 89
  • P6121193.jpeg
    P6121193.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 91
  • P6121194.jpeg
    P6121194.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 90
  • P6121195.jpeg
    P6121195.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 89
  • P6121196.jpeg
    P6121196.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 91
Jim, nice to talk to you again, I believe I met you and your wife at the Easter Rod Run on Alafaya Trail years ago, I think I had my '27 Hupmobile (avitar) then.
My memory's not what it used to be so forgive me if I don't remember you. I do remember your car though ( go figure ). LOL Do you live nearby or in the Orlando area? I live in Oviedo and would like to check out your T someday. You can PM me if you wish.

Jim

Yes they do, and I liked Ted and his work, we had talked about his latest long frame which this one has, I'll try to post more pix as time goes on. He built quite a few with this updated frame, it has a main frame and an open lower that ends at the kick. He loved the Eagle and used it everywhere :) Some of Ted's features were the long front spring, tie rod up and behind wheel, rear coil springs, dual VW master cylinders, large round gas pedal, removable front license plate mount (eagle on his) etc. etc. I'm just a little excited can't you tell :)

And he dances the night away. Thanks for the pics.
G

My memory's not what it used to be so forgive me if I don't remember you. I do remember your car though ( go figure ). LOL Do you live nearby or in the Orlando area? I live in Oviedo and would like to check out your T someday. You can PM me if you wish.

Jim
I'm in Winter Park Jim, off Howell Branch

Well the title work is done, so let the work begin. There's a few things I need to do before I start driving it, and the body needed to come off to do so. It wasn't to bad, the dash had to come out to remove the throttle linkage, that I guess was the hardest part. The masters and the reservoir will need to be addressed as there leaking brake fluid on the frame. I also need to install some seat belts and to do so I'll have to add a support under the body. The fuel lines will be replaced and some wiring will need a little straightening out for easier body/dash removal. So Today I built a cart to set the body on and roll it around the garage. I took some pictures of the floor of the body, just look at those excess holes :) and the frame, Ted built a LARGE fuel cell for the long trips.
P6151224.jpegP6151226.jpegP6151227.jpegP6151228.jpegP6151229.jpeg

Update, Saturday June 17th, removed the gas tank and started cleaning it out. The tank ended up being 17.2 gallon, nice for a little cruising. I also ran some numbers on the transmission. It's a Turbo 400 out of a '68 Chevelle 350hp 396.
P6171230.jpegP6171231.jpegP6171232.jpeg

UPDATE:July 2nd Busy day today, removed the engine and transmission, No fuse box in the car WHAT!, yeah so will be correcting that, gas tank is cleaned out, and will fab up some seat belt mounts. Rear brakes need a rebuilt etc. etc. etc.
P7021281.jpeg P7021283.jpeg

It's now October and a lot has been happening keeping me from any updates. But...I've made a lot of progress in the past few weeks. The engine is in, trans is in, gas tank, wiring, front wheels, brakes etc. I polished the radiator today so we'll see what tomorrow brings...EnjoyPA151382.jpegPA211385.jpegPA261387.jpegPA261389.jpeg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back