Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

I began installing the 32 ford door handle & latch assembly on the driver's side door today 8-25-21. The installation should be finished tomorrow.

DSCN1288.JPG The inner sides of the door are angled the door well is also angled. The bottom & 2 sides of the door well are angled. Everything is angled. These angles make a difference for the opening & closing operation of the door.

If you like it I love it. I just think body flex will move enough to keep chipping paint on the edge. Had a buddy with a glass car that would pinch the crap out of your arm resting on the edge and his gap was bigger than that. You’re body may be thicker and be good. Keep us informed.

If you like it I love it. I just think body flex will move enough to keep chipping paint on the edge. Had a buddy with a glass car that would pinch the crap out of your arm resting on the edge and his gap was bigger than that. You’re body may be thicker and be good. Keep us informed.
I think like you do. I invested a lot of effort into reinforcing the body, floor, etc on my bucket to prevent excess flex. I’m confident that the body is rigid enough but it is dependent on the frame, so any frame flex will be telegraphed throughout. I suppose the latch choice will be key to manage the gaps.

Looks substantial to me! How many body to frame bolts are you using? I’m planning on 8 for mine. That way I can insure no movement. I’ll put one pair on either side of the door gap. My door is a lot wider than yours.

It's good to hear from you O.R.F. I like your bolt ( on each side of the door ) strategy. Sounds like a great idea.

The spider's eyes will be downsized & repositioned. I have to make a head ( jumping spider style ) from m.d.f then attach the eyes to the head & the head to the sprint style track nose. The outline on the side of the track nose will become feelers. The spider's jaws have been relocated , they will now be inside the aluminum grille.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back