Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Odyssey Batteries

I finally am able to post a thread. Thank You for the help guys. I'm thinking of using an odyssey battery could give me some feed back good or bad on them. Thanks

I have been using the 925 Odyssey for at least 4 years now. They seem to be okay but, I believe if it had to crank the engine over for an extended time, they may not hold up. I will for sure replace, when the time comes, with another one.

I have four 680 Odysseys in my cars. the one in my bucket has been in it for about 6 years with no troubles at all....the other three are in two pickups and a spare is on the shelve.......I have cranked on them for a very long time and they hold up really well.......I love them cause you can lay them down and save lots of room....Try it you will like it........

That's good to know. I considered one for mine, but I read a bad report from someone and with a high compression big block I decided to make provisions for a full size 1000 amp battery. It was challenging to make room for it. It would have been much easier to use an odyssey.
I have four 680 Odysseys in my cars. the one in my bucket has been in it for about 6 years with no troubles at all....the other three are in two pickups and a spare is on the shelve.......I have cranked on them for a very long time and they hold up really well.......I love them cause you can lay them down and save lots of room....Try it you will like it........

I had to use one to save space for my electrical center under the seat. Mine is
laying down now for 2 1/2 years and no problems. The only down side I can
see is if you need to replace it on the road, they would be hard to find.

I got one a pc680 on a mild 350. Its good for about six long starts before you notice a performance dropoff. I had carb problems this weekend and pretty much after six cranks of maybe 10 seconds each the battery started to drop off. It charges real fast on a conventional charger maybe 1/2 hour. Once I got the carb problems fixed it was more than ample. It hold charge for months without a voltage dropoff too.

I like the Optima yellow-top. Deep discharge and fast recharge AGM. The unique construction can take lots of shock and vibration. I used to replace a battery every few years, but the Optima is now 7 yrs and going strong.

I have a Die Hard Gold (B-2 group) 20 years old. Small in size and 550 Cranking amps!! I need another one that size but can only find 350 cranking amp ones for a generator.

I have a Die Hard Gold (B-2 group) 20 years old. Small in size and 550 Cranking amps!! I need another one that size but can only find 350 cranking amp ones for a generator.
20 year old? That's got to be some kind of record! I feel very lucky to get six or seven at best. Normally after about three or four they start losing umph. That one still has lead plates, not lead coated fiberglass plates.

Yes is does have to be a record. I just put a battery tender on it in the Winter. They don't sell this one anymore. It's for a '87 Integra .

I use a tender now and then during the winter months, but not continuously. For me it just insures that the cars will start if I want to use one. I drive my hot rods quite a lot during winter since we normally don't have real bad snows. If it is above freezing, it is time for a drive.

I use a tender now and then during the winter months, but not continuously. For me it just insures that the cars will start if I want to use one. I drive my hot rods quite a lot during winter since we normally don't have real bad snows. If it is above freezing, it is time for a drive.
Me too! Even the bikes. I am that crazy neibor firing up the toys as soon as it gets above freezing and the roads are dry...cabin fever!

By putting the battery away from the engine it doesn't bake like the underhood models. BIG difference on longevity. I had an interstate battery in a mustang rear mounted lasted 12+ years.

Any of you guys use Optima batteries? I'm not trying to change the thread, just another battery question.

I'm going with one of these....

Gerry... Did you grab that battery when it was floating around your garage ?

I have been paying $120.00 for the 680 Odyssey.........Look on eBay.........

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back