Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

PA Title and Registration Problems

Oban Ron

I have a 23T that has been titled and registered in two states as a 1923 Ford T. I previously had insurance in PA even though it was still titled in LA. I just transferred to the title to PA . First, I had to jump through hoops with an Enhanced Inspection. I was able to finally pass the inspection and received the Street Rod plate, but the registration and title listed it as a "Specially Constructed" with no year, nor Make/Model. I am now having problems getting insurance. Any suggestions?

I have a 23T that has been titled and registered in two states as a 1923 Ford T. I previously had insurance in PA even though it was still titled in LA. I just transferred to the title to PA . First, I had to jump through hoops with an Enhanced Inspection. I was able to finally pass the inspection and received the Street Rod plate, but the registration and title listed it as a "Specially Constructed" with no year, nor Make/Model. I am now having problems getting insurance. Any suggestions?

Whatever year the car was built will be the year model, used mainly for tax purposes. Same in N.C. for registration, only 3 categories to be in. No SEMA law passed here or in Pa. Go with a Specialty Insurance company to get it insured. Cheaper and they will charge you for whatever you want it valued at. Good luck.

What T said....plenty of speciality places out there to get INS.....and if the car sits during the winter, they can fix it so you won't have to pay while its sitting....
Just be sure to get 'GOOD' Insurance....its your pride and joy....

Should I be concerned that my title doesn't have a year or make/model on it? It only says SP CONSTR for Special Construction. What about when I have to get it inspected? The other question I have is if I do get them to put a year on it and they put 2015, when I go to get it inspected will it be required to live up to 2015 standards? As a '23 I don't have to, i.e. emissions, etc.

Well, my friend, laws are changing, and they are not always for the good. The special construction is a classification where they can milk the owner for more money....really and truely.
Theres enough parts out there for a person to put together a complete T and all the parts will have '23, 27, etc.... The powers that be have been informed of this and they are trying to screw the rodders, accordingly.
Things that are coming down the pipe for us is emission testing, noise regulations, and highway usage/recreational taxes.....I shiet you not. They're trying to establish the infrastructure to enforce all this....up to and including arming the cops with decibel meters....noise ordinaces for motorcycles and hotrods. They already have some in place at most dragstrips....and testing exhaust gas contaminants....

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back