Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Project Blue Bird

thanks fellas, it was actually My old man, my dad that had it. sorry lol,,he was fine fortunately and didn't have any symptoms.

Sorry to her you were ill; glad you have kicked it!
Progress on the build looks good. What kind of shocks are you planning to use?
Not positive yet tbh. I really want to use a friction shock,,just trying to figure out a unique way to mount them.

Here's an interesting setup, actually on rbsWELDER's T . . . (feel free to comment, Mark)

Lay down shock.jpg laydown shock2.jpgMark4.jpg

Last edited:
A little more progress this weekend. Got the rear radius rods mocked up, headlights brackets mounted, and steering linkage temporarliy mocked up. Gotta get a longer drag link as the one I ordered is a couple inches short, and gotta heat and bend the pitman arm for frame clearance. I can't wait to tear it all down for paint and powder.
Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 7.54.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-28 at 7.55.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-28 at 7.55.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-28 at 7.50.22 PM.png

I do hope you have metal straps under the leather ones as that 10 gallons of gas weighing 80 lbs will turn into 800 lbs with a quick stop.
I actually hadn't planned on it tbh. Its got a half metal strap that wraps around the back side and the belt connects to all. Ill look into something else for it though

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back