Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

shipping to Canada

L79_Acadian

Hi Ron, whats the chance of you shipping some of your products up north of the border to Canada?
I am inteested in your front axle kit, and was wondering if you ship to Canada?If you do, would you have any idea of the cost to postal code L1C 3R7. Would the axle kit be able to be shipped thru thr USPS? Thats the cheapest way to ship to Canada, that the customer doesn't get stung with the $50.00 UPS fee to process the import papers.
Thanks Ron,
Roger

Hi Ron, whats the chance of you shipping some of your products up north of the border to Canada?
I am inteested in your front axle kit, and was wondering if you ship to Canada?If you do, would you have any idea of the cost to postal code L1C 3R7. Would the axle kit be able to be shipped thru thr USPS? Thats the cheapest way to ship to Canada, that the customer doesn't get stung with the $50.00 UPS fee to process the import papers.
Thanks Ron,
Roger

Roger yes we can ship to Canada. UPS would be the preferred shipper. We have had so much trouble with USPS losing parts and won't make good on anything even with the optional insurance. A front axle kit will weigh 70 lbs. I'll get you a price both ways to ship it.

Roger, I've had Ron ship stuff to me by both UPS and USPS and I haven't any trouble.

I'm not sure where you are but there's an easy way to get past the oppresive UPS brokerage fee if you have a customs office nearby. Here's how:

1. You need to get the shipper (Ron in this case) to mark on the receipt that these are " antique auto parts" and to provide you with a Tracking #. Call UPS with the Tracking number and instruct them that you will be doing the customs clearance. They will inform you when the package arrives.

2. Take the Tracking # to the local UPS depot and tell them you are clearing the package. They will hand you the paperwork.

3. Take your paperwork over to Canada Customs, tell them you are clearing a package. Make sure they know that these are antique auto parts. You will pay PST and GST on the Canadian $ value of the parts. (Antique auto parts are usually duty free).

4. Take the stamped papers back to UPS and get your package.

Hope this helps
Craig

Thanks for the help Ron. I will be calling you in a week or so, to talk about ordering a axle kit and spindles.
Craig I tried your idea with UPS. They told me that I would have to go to the point of entry to pick up the paperwork.Thats a 2 hour drive from here. The woman did tell me that if you call, with the tracking number, and pay for the tax and brockerage fees with the credit card, then you will save on the 5.00 COD fee they charge you to bring the parcel to your house, and let you pay the driver for the fees.
Funny thing, I asked Speedway to send a $47.00 parcell to my house via USPS. they told me that they charge a extra 25.00 just because they are shipping it USPS. It was going to cost more to go USPS than UPS, even with the brokerage fee of 43.00 Cdn.
Thanks for the help,
Roger

Thanks for the help Ron. I will be calling you in a week or so, to talk about ordering a axle kit and spindles.
Craig I tried your idea with UPS. They told me that I would have to go to the point of entry to pick up the paperwork.Thats a 2 hour drive from here. The woman did tell me that if you call, with the tracking number, and pay for the tax and brockerage fees with the credit card, then you will save on the 5.00 COD fee they charge you to bring the parcel to your house, and let you pay the driver for the fees.
Funny thing, I asked Speedway to send a $47.00 parcell to my house via USPS. they told me that they charge a extra 25.00 just because they are shipping it USPS. It was going to cost more to go USPS than UPS, even with the brokerage fee of 43.00 Cdn.
Thanks for the help,
Roger

Roger, sorry to hear about the unreal costs you are dealing with. Here's another idea, do you know anyone running a drop box service across the border. We've got guys here that have a US address in Pembina ND. for both UPS and USPS shipments. They go down and pickup the shipments, pay any taxes and charge for their gas. Sometimes that works out real good.
Craig

Hey if you want to come out and see the front end send me an email. I am only in Oshawa!
Thanks for the offer Keeper. I ordered the front end kit, and I am having it imported thru someone else. I am from Bowmanville, and I work Tuesday and Wed. up at Performance Improvments. We sell lots of parts that you might need in the construction of you Bucket. Stop in someday and say Hi.
Roger

Thanks for the offer Keeper. I ordered the front end kit, and I am having it imported thru someone else. I am from Bowmanville, and I work Tuesday and Wed. up at Performance Improvments. We sell lots of parts that you might need in the construction of you Bucket. Stop in someday and say Hi.
Roger

The shop on Simcoe in Oshawa or is there one in Bowmanville? If its the one on Simcoe you have already sold me some engine stuff.

The shop on Simcoe in Oshawa or is there one in Bowmanville? If its the one on Simcoe you have already sold me some engine stuff.

HI KEEPER, I'M AT THE STORE ON TUESDAYS AND WEDNESDAYS,ALL DAY, AND FRIDAY NIGHTS. THE STORE IS IN NORTH OSHAWA,ON SIMCOE STREET.
ROGER

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back