Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tbucket with a car stereo?

oino

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Need some info on this.
Anyone have one in their tbucket?
Can you hear it ok or will I just be wasting my time and money?
Where did you put the antenna?

I find that wind noise is the big problem at highway speed. The sound from the pipes isn't too bad, but I did build longer muffler inserts. My windshield is short so I get a lot of wind. Really sets up quite a howl on the interstate at about 75 mph. A couple of hours of that without protection will leave my ears ringing.

The car in the linked thread with the headphones has the right idea. Those look like aircraft intercom units. I didn't want to spend that much. I use earbuds for my MP3 player and shooter's earmuffs.

I don't think speakers will work very well unless you're just cruising around slow.

Mike

I was thinking with the earbuds. It just looks like your handfree on the phone.

Isn't the "music" from your pipes enough to please you? Just asking.

Jim

Isn't the "music" from your pipes enough to please you?

Jim I love the sound from the pipes, but after a few hours on the highway, the wind noise drives me crazy. Actually the wind noise is my main complaint with the car. Even the lack of room doesn't bother me much. It's not unusual for the wife and I to make 250 mile or longer one way trips, though.

I've been thinking about selling my bucket, but if I don't I will change to a slightly taller windshield and add a top.

Mike

Jim I love the sound from the pipes, but after a few hours on the highway, the wind noise drives me crazy. Actually the wind noise is my main complaint with the car. Even the lack of room doesn't bother me much. It's not unusual for the wife and I to make 250 mile or longer one way trips, though.

I've been thinking about selling my bucket, but if I don't I will change to a slightly taller windshield and add a top.

Mike
I've heard adding a top make the wind noise worse. Can anyone comment on that?

I'll listen to the sounds of the car and the road. My wife can listen to her MP3 if she wants music. Did think about getting an intercom...maybe.

I've heard adding a top make the wind noise worse. Can anyone comment on that?
I have a top and I find the wind noise is no worse with the top on. The top may even be a slight bit quieter. I do however have wind wings and they make a big difference.

My wife gave me a set of those made by Sony last year, but they didn't work well for me on the wind. They are amazingly effective on steady sounds like engine noise, but the wind seemed unchanged.

Mike

My wife gave me a set of those made by Sony last year, but they didn't work well for me on the wind. They are amazingly effective on steady sounds like engine noise, but the wind seemed unchanged.

Mike
The Sync earmuffs are made for noise, and the stereo is a bonus. They do really well for wind, better than the ones you might see at Home Depot, etc.

I just checked out the Howard Leight website for more info on the muffs you recommended. I think I will give them a try. If nothing else, they will eliminate the need for ear buds and muffs.

Mine are electronic active noise cancelling and the wind noise gives the circuit fits, but if I had to fly on a commercial jet they would go with me. They do make steady noise disappear.

Mike

I just checked out the Howard Leight website for more info on the muffs you recommended. I think I will give them a try. If nothing else, they will eliminate the need for ear buds and muffs.

Mine are electronic active noise cancelling and the wind noise gives the circuit fits, but if I had to fly on a commercial jet they would go with me. They do make steady noise disappear.

Mike
I think you'll be very pleased. Check the reviews on Amazon.

Well, since I'm deaf, hahaha....some of my friends whom do still have their hearing, use Sonic II's....they're good, in-the-ear-canal, sound cancelers....We use them in the pits during startups and up at the line. Almost everyone wears the big muffs, but I hate them. My ears ring so bad....the Sonic II's are great, gives me a little background noise to listen to.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back