Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Terminology question. Maybe a dumb one.

tjhorse

Is a "T-Bucket" specifically a 23 type body or is any T based hot rod a "bucket?" Is it; roadster, coupe... bucket? Hmmm.

I'm planning to build a 27 roadster but haven't seen much about 'em on here.... I hope y'all will let me stick around:rolleyes:... I just don't wan't to occupy a pile of your forum space with years of questions about a project this forum isn't meant to address, you know...

Todd

Model T street rods are defined as modified 1909-1927 Model T Fords, or replicas thereof. The T-Bucket has long been recognized as a uniquely American hot rod style, first created by Norm Grabowski in the early 1950's and later introduced to the public and made popular by TV shows, such as 77 Sunset Strip, and several B movies. The T-Bucket, based on the Model T roadster pickup, continues to be a classic, universal icon for the American hot rod movement.

Sweet! Get ready... I'm planning on throwing a tiny bit of money at this as often as possible so it may be a loooonggg project.
Thanks,
Todd

How many Todds do we have on here now?

Evidently guys named TODD LOVE T BUCKETS!

I'd say the term "T bucket" was used mainly describing the Fad T style of the early to mid 20s Model T bodies that looked like a bucket.

Mine actually looks like a Toilet bowl to me but whatever...

As far as clubs like the National T Bucket Alliance will allow ANY Model T Ford, or any vehicle that closely resembles a Model T (such as a Dodge bucket or even Speedwell - that's an inside joke to anyone that went to the KC Nats - I loved the car by the way).

I constantly call my friend Tim's car a bucket and it's a 27 Roadster... and very nice it is... and for sale BTW.

So I guess Model T Ford Truck, Coupe, Sedan, C-Cab, Roadster, Lakester, Bob Job, Jalopy, Gow Job, Rail Job, or anything that closely resembles something that could be construed as a model T somethingorother could be lumped in as a "T-Bucket" ... except for Austin Bantams (another inside joke).

Here's a couple of pics of Tim's bucket.

307854637_9e4f389453_o.jpg

307853767_dc42c8c5cd_o.jpg

Yeah Todd, '26 & '27's are T buckets or at least I hope so. If not, I spent a lot of time here for nothing!

Ron

There's no getting around it. You're stuck being a Buckethead!:) We look forward to seeing your version of Herman Munsters car. Yea, mine got called that again last night. Couldn't get mad, but I did educate.:)

Please post pics when you can.

Munster's Car?

tfeverfred said:
...We look forward to seeing your version of Herman Munsters car. Yea, mine got called that again last night...

That happens to me all the time too Fred, so I started carring around this picture then would ask people, "You really think my car looks like this?"

parked2a.jpg

Fred and Al, the Munster Koach was in fact made out of three (might've been two touring cars -don't remember exactly) Model Ts.

I'd call THAT a bucket also, an awesome bucket, one I'd LOVE to drive.

What I don't like is when someone calls my hotrod a "Dune Buggy."

T-Odd said:
Fred and Al, the Munster Koach was in fact made out of three (might've been two touring cars -don't remember exactly) Model Ts.

I'd call THAT a bucket also, an awesome bucket, one I'd LOVE to drive.

What I don't like is when someone calls my hotrod a "Dune Buggy."

Ah... don't get me wrong... I'd also love to drive that car... I sounds really good and what a hoot it would be to drive... but to say my car looks like it... that a big big "stretch" :D

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back