Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The Bucket List

Love that intake.

Me too.
Too bad it was abused badly .. very rough casting .. bad welding where the distributor must have worn through and somebody carved out the top to fit Quadrajets.
Got the quadrajet adapter plates flipped upside down and port matched everything, hope it runs ok.

Me too.
Too bad it was abused badly .. very rough casting .. bad welding where the distributor must have worn through and somebody carved out the top to fit Quadrajets.
Got the quadrajet adapter plates flipped upside down and port matched everything, hope it runs ok.
Being a single plane intake, it should be ok as long as everything seals up nice.

Oh .. forgot to mention my uncle brought home the 30" box from Street Rod Fab via Florida.
Looks great, those guys made a nice product.
I am going to have to massage it to fit my body but that is par for the course.

Stage 3

20170523_205428.jpg

Stage 4

20170530_215756.jpg

two more work outs left and polishing the turd will be as good as its ever going to be...lol

Looks good!

I love polished aluminum, but it's a drag to keep it nice. My stroker in my iroc had alum heads, water pump, intake, oil pan, and all of the periferals. All finned, it looked so good when I put it in, but after a year or so it was heartbreaking... the wet climate here is harsh on it. It's easier to reach in a bucket, so not as bad.

I was thinking of a few things I have read on some recent posts here about (1) Ear protection (2) Stereos and having to blast the music like a moron to hear it.
So I think I found a solution for both.
(1) you need it, but can't hear your passenger.
(2) optional but makes along trip a bit mind numbing.

Ok here is the plan.
(Step 1) I have a smart phone like most people now that can play music, has GPS nav, and take calls hands free (most places regulated) and I have a set of Bluetooth wireless earbuds with a mic, (can't even tell they are there and they protect the ears from the outside noise).
My passenger also has a smart phone (hers is nicer than mine of course) also with Bluetooth ear buds and mic.
Now she can hear her music and I can hear mine but we can't hear each other.
(Step 2) The Raspberry Pi solution.
I don't know if you guys are familiar with this, but its a little circuit board designed for teaching people how to use and interact with circuitry and programing.
However this little board that started out as a teaching aid for $20 has become a huge hit all over, and they are on version 3 now with integrated Bluetooth and WIFI, with all kinds of apps you can run on it.
It will take 12 volts right off the car.
And I am planning on running a Mumble Server (normally used for online gaming so kids can chat with each other while shooting there zombies online) on the RasPi.
(Step 3) Just install the Plumble-Mumble App on each of the phones and connect to the RasPi Mumble server vie WIFI and poof you have two way voice coms just like the guys on the Big Honda Gold Wings.
And you get to listen to tunes while you drive.

Only down side I can see for some guys is they still can hear the wife, not a problem for me

Thoughts ?

Waaay cool! Doubt I'll ever use it, but what a neat idea! I never cease to be amazed at the creativity of this bunch.:unsure::thumbsup::geek:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back