Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The T in my head, thoughts?

I talked myself into something I've been debating for months, maybe even years. Not for practicality, not for function and definitely not out of necessity. I talked myself into Wheelie Bars.

My logic for such a gaudy display of wanna-be race car? Because I wanted to.

I am building the Hot Rod I've had in my head since I was a kid. And when you're a kid what aggressive, fire breathing, fat tire. smoke creating, cartoonish Hot Rod Monster doesn't have Wheelie Bars?

Also swapped the motorcycle shocks out for a set of actual coil over shocks meant for automotive use.

I like the new shocks, I like that the raised ride height leveled the Jaguar control arms and axles, I like that it brought the rear camber of the slicks to a manageable angle. The rake angle even looks appropriate. However, the raised rear ride height does make getting in and out of the bucket more difficult then it previously was... and it wasn't easy previously either.

I already have plans to shorten the wheelie bar leaf springs and rods to bring that length in a bit.

Me Likey!!!

Where can I get a set . . . .
Competition Engineering part # C2016, your speed & performance parts supplier of choice should be able to get them. I scavenged the internet for a couple of days and found an online RV parts website that was selling them for like $100 less then everyone else, so I nabbed them.

Only drawback is trip liability at car shows. Seems I heard a problem with that. Maybe a sign at eye level saying “look down” behind the car ! Lol

Be careful when backing up toward a curb at a car show!

Only drawback is trip liability at car shows. Seems I heard a problem with that. Maybe a sign at eye level saying “look down” behind the car ! Lol
That was a law suit filed against an NTBA member from here in AZ. I didn't witness the event, but know many who did. Remember that if someone trips over the wheelie bars and you have to go to court, only your attorney will be happy in the end.

I was at that show in Tucson when the person fell over the wheelie bars and sued for damages. They did NOT win but it was a great big drawn out mess that did make the lawyers on both side money. The member carried around cones to stand inside the wheelie bars after that until he took them off..
People just look for anything to sue someone for......Not gona be on my car but your building the car for yourself...

Well that put a damper on Mykk's dreams.

Better to know the facts thou !

Guess you could put a couple of these, one on each corner of the wheelie bars with motion
sensors. Probably get your car more attention at the car show !!!

upload_2020-6-14_17-51-33.png

Don't you mean she left it open Jerry, that is what mine does, I still get the blame but have 56 years I just go on.....

I want to believe that people really aren't walking that close to my bucket. I was also hoping the Caution tags moving in the breeze would catch and eye or two too.
I'm sure that at car shows or similar events all of us from time to time leave our cars to walk around and look at the other cars. I've come back to find kids jumping up and down on the seat while their parents laughed, adults sitting in the seats for a photo op, people sitting or standing on the tires, one time I caught a lady standing on the passenger side turn-out. That one broke the header weld at the #8 exhaust port and I eventually had to replace the headers. If you look at my chrome front axle you will see plenty of scratches where people have rested their shoes while leaning in to look at the engine.

That’s why people put those offensive signs on their cars. To keep the assh&$:s off of your car. If they get offended from that, I say the heck with them. I’d say worse but we’re in mixed company.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back