Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The T in my head, thoughts?

Today's project, although frivolous and cheesy. It was rather fun to implement:

The red LED's are hooked up to a previously unused PWM output from the EFI controller. The PWM output has a tunable RPM vs TPS table that I've programmed the duty cycle percentage to increased when RPM increases and more throttle is applied. So the lights get brighter and dimmer based on what the engine is doing.

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.200%;"><iframe src="GIF-201226_130736 - Embed" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>
mm3cv7

Last edited:
So the car has been registered in it's first drag race. The Kingman Az Route 66 Street Drags in late Oct of '21.

Now to get my butt in gear and finish the overwhelming mountain of mini-projects that I've started but need to finalize in the name of having a finished vehicle.

Focusing on pedal mounting & hydraulics, ordered, re-ordered & special ordered all the pedal arms in various styles I needed to accomplish the spacing that will fit. Even then, it's too tight... my solution today was to stagger the pedal pad height. And actually, although awkward it's manageable.

I am concerned for ground clearance. There is a bit of the pedals I can cut off, but may ultimately make a skid type plate for this area

Mounted the Moon tank for the supercharger coolant:

I also; Just as an experiment for the sake of making online content for youtube. I flipped my bank 2 cams and allowed the engine to fire two cylinders simultaneously.

This isn't meant for long term. Although I wish I could leave it if I knew it wouldn't hurt bearings & crank journals

I was looking back when you were looking at headlight to steering linkage. Remember they are mounted together, meaning they will always keep same relationship to each other. If they clear now they always will. I like big lights too!

First, this is very interesting to me !!!

Have you had a personal conversation with your crankshaft about this change ???

It would be interesting to see what it thinks. I have to wonder what the crankshaft
thinks about firing on both banks at the same time. The torsional twist in the crankshaft
must be considerable.

So what are the forces and vectors the crankshaft sees when firing on both sides at the
same time, when the banks are 90° apart.

What kind of intake manifold do you have ??? Is it similar to a dual plane or single plane ???
How does that affect other cylinders in the firing order ???

I would consult a major damper manufacture to see what they think before proceeding.

Last edited:
What kind of intake manifold do you have ??? Is it similar to a dual plane or single plane ???
How does that affect other cylinders in the firing order ???

This was just a temporary experiment. But the airflow leaves the supercharger and get's split left & right. Each bank has a water-air heat exchanger, under the heat exchanger each cylinder gets it's own runner. Maybe 2"-3" runner length before meeting the fuel injector. Each cylinder has an injector and they are wired so the paired cylinders injectors fire at the same time every 360 degrees of crank of rotation.

So many little projects left to do. But getting closer. Some of the delay is adapting design along the way as well as experimenting with various parts for better fitment and better over all final project, other delays are from...well.. life.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back