Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Turn Signals

Mustang

I have a seven wire after market column mount turn signal switch , I wired per the direction sheet and the signals do not work. One of my questions why do you need two flasher relays one in fuse panel and the switch calls for one. I have the wires to the flasher just as they call out,I have a wire from the turn signal going to brake switch and the other side of the brake switch going to batt. The turn signals and running lights do not work and they have dual filament bulbs. Any help woyld be appreciated

Your brake lights have to go thru the turn signal. The turn signal flasher interupts the brake light circuit when the brakes are on. It is tuff to diagnosis without a diagram, unless someone has your exact harness and can relate.
I am sure more information will succeed in solving your problem.

The column is from a Ford, GM or Mopar? Give that info and there might be some help available also.

Jim

The column is a Speedway Nostalgia column the turn signal switch is a Speedway heavy duty 910-62860 column mount 7 wire.

One of my questions why do you need two flasher relays one in fuse panel and the switch calls for one.

You don't use the relay in the fuse panel. It is there because it is a generic panel so it will work with other types of switches.

Have you taken a test light and tested the power from the battery to the brake light switch, on the other side of the brake light switch and checked the power at the relay X position? You could also use a voltage meter to make sure you have enough power at those points. Then check the other connections to see if there is power coming out of the switch.

http://static.speedwaymotors.com/pdf/910-62860.pdf

You don't use the relay in the fuse panel. It is there because it is a generic panel so it will work with other types of switches.

Have you taken a test light and tested the power from the battery to the brake light switch, on the other side of the brake light switch and checked the power at the relay X position? You could also use a voltage meter to make sure you have enough power at those points. Then check the other connections to see if there is power coming out of the switch.

http://static.speedwaymotors.com/pdf/910-62860.pdf
That is the exact turn signal I have when I wire it like the diagram they will not work , I have the two wires on each light socket dual element bulb one wire to the turn signal like the drawing and the other to the headlight switch for the running lights and the switch is grounded like they call out on the instructions and it does not work?

You will need a ground to the tail light housing, if your body is not metal and grounded.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back