Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Up grade for frame plans

waterjet , or laser.. probably wouldnt be identical, but close.. only other way i would know would be highspeed cnc mill..

craig ... here's a variation of the hair pin mount;

jakes27005Small.jpg

the piece of 7/8" dom is inserted 3/8" into the frame tube at a 90 degree angle to the hair pin. a plate/gusset is then cut to fit over the tube, flush with the outside edge of the rail tubing. then an oval is cut from 10g sheet to fit over the dom. weld two 1/4 x 20 studs to the back of the plate. this plate will be chromed. i used a '39 ford tail light bezzel for a pattern. just a lil detail.

Ron

Brucer said:
waterjet , or laser.. probably wouldnt be identical, but close.. only other way i would know would be highspeed cnc mill..

We have a CNC Plasma just for this. Give me call and I can fix you right up. If you want something of your own design, draw it and email or fax it to me and we can cut it.

Youngster said:

jakes27005Small.jpg

the piece of 7/8" dom is inserted 3/8" into the frame tube at a 90 degree angle to the hair pin. a plate/gusset is then cut to fit over the tube, flush with the outside edge of the rail tubing. then an oval is cut from 10g sheet to fit over the dom. weld two 1/4 x 20 studs to the back of the plate. this plate will be chromed. i used a '39 ford tail light bezzel for a pattern. just a lil detail.

Ron

Hmmm, copy picture, paste to hard drive, under Cool Ideas!!! :biggrin:

Ron, do you make your own hairpins?

i buy mine. the front ones came from MAS and the rears come from RPM.

Ron

Youngster said:

jakes27005Small.jpg

Ron
That's definitely a different touch and I haven't seen many plans with the hairpin mounted directly to the frame rail. Just a question....when the hairpin is now mounted to the rail instead of under it, does that create some possible interference with the corvair pitman arm/steering rod?

I use Hiems in all my 4x4 suspension work because they just articulate much better. We ever use them in steering joints but the High Steer Arms I build are double sheer. You are right though, rubber joints take out a lot of the noise and vibration for sure.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back