Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

1992 10 bolt gmc truck axle under my t bucket build?

im still tryin to figure out this photobucket thing. this be my rear axle. hope it under frame soon.

286_zpsb4dda12d.jpg
That looks pretty clean! Those little locking diffs are pretty durable. I had one in a f body that I routinely abused with a very strong stroker and it amazingly held up. And when I say abused, the rearend outlived two fresh transmissions that I broke.

I hand grenaded one of these gov lockers under my 86 chevy k10. Sidestepped clutch in granny low with 33's on asphalt with a 312 under hood. If it blows ill detroit truetrac it. Its pretty clean and smooth. Good contact patch and magnet normal metalic glitter.

I hand grenaded one of these gov lockers under my 86 chevy k10. Sidestepped clutch in granny low with 33's on asphalt with a 312 under hood. If it blows ill detroit truetrac it. Its pretty clean and smooth. Good contact patch and magnet normal metalic glitter.
The one in my iroc held, but the tire took it pretty hard. That's likely what preserved it. It would smoke the tires until I let off of it. All I did to it was replaced the gears with a 373 set and fresh bearings. I was still impressed by its durability, for a seemingly light duty diff.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back