Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

'23 Roadster Build

Had a great day yesterday. My Dad came up from Alabama and we took a very rainy ride from Nashville to Kodak, TN to pay a visit to Ron from RPM. Had a great conversation with Ron and picked up a truck load of great stuff. My Dad is the guy wearing the Street Rodder hat and my son is the one that has already decided the car is his. He just turned 16 in December, so I now have three teenage drivers. I could probably build a few buckets for what I pay in insurance. The engine I'm using is now at the house. All is good in the world. Photobucket is giving me a fit tonight so I"ll have to attach some very large pictures. I'll try not to make a habit of it.

Attachments

• DSC_0172.JPG
    DSC_0172.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC_0175.JPG
    DSC_0175.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC_0177.JPG
    DSC_0177.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC_0181.JPG
    DSC_0181.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC_0183.JPG
    DSC_0183.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 208
Had a great day yesterday. My Dad came up from Alabama and we took a very rainy ride from Nashville to Kodak, TN to pay a visit to Ron from RPM. Had a great conversation with Ron and picked up a truck load of great stuff. My Dad is the guy wearing the Street Rodder hat and my son is the one that has already decided the car is his. He just turned 16 in December, so I now have three teenage drivers. I could probably build a few buckets for what I pay in insurance. The engine I'm using is now at the house. All is good in the world. Photobucket is giving me a fit tonight so I"ll have to attach some very large pictures. I'll try not to make a habit of it.
Looking like a good start so far...and I LOVE your old pickup! '55 is it?

Yeah Bob it's a 55 2nd series. I pulled it out of a field about 4 years ago, and drive it almost daily. It would be a great shop truck if I had a shop.

Got the rearend brackets all welded up, next step...put it under the frame. Slow progress but progress none the less.

Attachments

• DSC_0216.JPG
    DSC_0216.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 151
  • DSC_0218.JPG
    DSC_0218.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 150
It'll be done by the Christmas parade, can't promise which year though. My Radius arm brackets are 32 1/2" center to center. Coilover mounting holes are outside of that so I can get a wrench in there. The arms will channel inside the body so to speak. The shocks are at a 15 degree angle. The only issue I'm having now is that I have zero "in" adjustment on the bottom tube of the radius arm. I'm contemplating cutting about a half inch off. Everything is lining up, I just don't want to wish I had done it after I paint.

It'll be done by the Christmas parade, can't promise which year though. My Radius arm brackets are 32 1/2" center to center. Coilover mounting holes are outside of that so I can get a wrench in there. The arms will channel inside the body so to speak. The shocks are at a 15 degree angle. The only issue I'm having now is that I have zero "in" adjustment on the bottom tube of the radius arm. I'm contemplating cutting about a half inch off. Everything is lining up, I just don't want to wish I had done it after I paint.
I prolly cut some off bottom on mine also. Same problem

Believe it or not I do. I'm going to cut about 1/2" off the bottom tube of the rear radius arms like we talked about. Too much thread showing on top, none on the bottom, and none up front. My drag link appears to be too short. With the spindles oriented like you were driving straight and the pitman arm at a 90 to the ground I coming up about 10 inches short unless I'm totally missing something.

Attachments

• Rear Mounted.jpg
    Rear Mounted.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 103
Believe it or not I do. I'm going to cut about 1/2" off the bottom tube of the rear radius arms like we talked about. Too much thread showing on top, none on the bottom, and none up front. My drag link appears to be too short. With the spindles oriented like you were driving straight and the pitman arm at a 90 to the ground I coming up about 10 inches short unless I'm totally missing something.
How did that panhard bar work out. It should work on mine

Looks like we gave you a drag link for a Vega box instead of the Corvair box, I'll get you one on its way today.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back