Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

'23 Roadster Build

I got the new drag link in the mail a couple of days after you sent it. Thanks Ron, you're a stand up guy. The new one fit perfect. I'll get the short one in the mail this week on it's way back to you for another happy customer. I'm hoping to get some work done on the bucket this weekend. I promise I'll take pictures.

Not much to update, I've been out of town a lot lately. I did however channel the body. I'll post a pic as soon as I get home tonight.

The closest part of the steering box mount is one inch from the firewall if you are building by CCR specs.

The closest part of the steering box mount is one inch from the firewall if you are building by CCR specs.
I have CCR FRAME. RPM 10" stretch body. So to closest part wich would be part of the top plate where box mounts is 1" from body. 10-4

Cooter, the Plans show the location of the steering box mounts for both our bodies, yours is going to be different because of the length of your frame and the body you are using. The angle of the mount is determined by the length of the cowl and drop of the dash. The location is around 1.25" to 1.5" from the firewall to the closest point of the box, but it's tight quarters with the headers so be careful. Set up the body, motor and headers so you know stuff will clear and pay attention to the angle of the column so it is comfortable to drive.

SlickTrack Box mount szd.jpg CCR Kit Photos szd(30).jpg

Cooter, the Plans show the location of the steering box mounts for both our bodies, yours is going to be different because of the length of your frame and the body you are using. The angle of the mount is determined by the length of the cowl and drop of the dash. The location is around 1.25" to 1.5" from the firewall to the closest point of the box, but it's tight quarters with the headers so be careful. Set up the body, motor and headers so you know stuff will clear and pay attention to the angle of the column so it is comfortable to drive.

View attachment 11355 View attachment 11356
Im understanding that. Ill wait till engine and headers are on and get box bolted to mount then set it in there. Thanks yall

Hey Jerry... I've got your stretch body and was told it was 1 inch for the proper fit. So, is it 1" 1.25" or 1.5"? I'm pretty sure mine will be a bit of a tight fit also with the 429. So I will also wait until Motor, Body and headers are trial fit before mounting the box mount.

The CCR stretched body space is just under 1.25" and the CCR Standard body is right at 1.5". If your frame was built per the Plans you can start at the dimension shown but you may need to lower the mount slightly. I would wait on welding that (tack only) with the 429 because of the width of the heads.

Good point! I hadn't given any thought to the 3/16 firewall. Thanks for the excellent info as usual.

Rick

Another thing to consider AFA steering box placement is what steering column you're going to use & how you'll be attaching to the box, i.e. if you're going to use a straight coupler or a u-joint & whether or not you'll be able to access the fasteners associated w/those parts........
dave

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back