Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

A Bit More Progress

I don't know why some of you think that just because we left foot brake we have to rest our foot on the brake pedal. Moving your foot from rest to the brake is the same as moving your foot from the gas to the brake. Here's something to think about. How many times has an elderly person confused the gas for the brake and run their car through the front of a building or into a crowd. I like to think that after years of left foot braking, if i'm pushing on something with my right foot my brain will instinctively know it's not the brake.
What you say is all well and good but there are still plenty of left foot brake people that do not adhere to that and those are the type that are bothersome to be behind. To see brake lights on constantly or coming on from time to time, even at highway speed, is not good and it does happen, not in your case as you are doing it correctly. Too bad that there are some that don't do it like you and they are a real pain in the neck to be behind. IMHO

Jim

I don't know why some of you think that just because we left foot brake we have to rest our foot on the brake pedal.
It sure seems that way, doesn't. Go leftfooters!

What you say is all well and good but there are still plenty of left foot brake people that do not adhere to that and those are the type that are bothersome to be behind. To see brake lights on constantly or coming on from time to time, even at highway speed, is not good and it does happen, not in your case as you are doing it correctly. Too bad that there are some that don't do it like you and they are a real pain in the neck to be behind. IMHO

Jim
and the whole gang,
After we resolve the brake surfing issue, can we figure out how to make people adjust and dim those darned blinding headlights? How friggin bright do they need to be? Then those texters.... I personally like to left foot brake while right foot clutching, but I've always been special, lol...oh, not to brag, but I left hand shift in America! On a serious note, I live in a rural area and many of the younger crowd have pick up trucks with lift kits, etc... the recent trend involves super bright led or hid headlights and those led light bars, which are illegal for highway use. But these guys act as if driving is a combat sport, they tailgate and purposely blind you by aiming the lights at your rear view mirrors, and it's like a game of chicken trying to get them to dim their high beams. It's dangerous! Not to mention that they are taking their life into their hands when poking an old man with a stick... this one might just poke back... on a real bad day. It seems that like common sense, courtesy is outdated.

and the whole gang,
After we resolve the brake surfing issue, can we figure out how to make people adjust and dim those darned blinding headlights? How friggin bright do they need to be? Then those texters.... I personally like to left foot brake while right foot clutching, but I've always been special, lol...oh, not to brag, but I left hand shift in America! On a serious note, I live in a rural area and many of the younger crowd have pick up trucks with lift kits, etc... the recent trend involves super bright led or hid headlights and those led light bars, which are illegal for highway use. But these guys act as if driving is a combat sport, they tailgate and purposely blind you by aiming the lights at your rear view mirrors, and it's like a game of chicken trying to get them to dim their high beams. It's dangerous! Not to mention that they are taking their life into their hands when poking an old man with a stick... this one might just poke back... on a real bad day. It seems that like common sense, courtesy is outdated.
Most can't even spell courtesy let alone practice it.

Jim

The Door latch we use is a highly modified Model A latch.

Those curved top windshield frames are "special order" only, so you pick the width and height. The one shown is 10.5" at the upright. I have a 13" one in stock but I think it might not be a 40 1/8" that you would need. I'll check tomorrow.

Latch.jpg

I left foot brake.
Habit I got into keeping over-cammed and under-converter-ed(?) cars running at a red light! LoL

Now that I'm used to it I actually find it to be an advantage, and besides...it gives my left leg something to do so it doesn't get bored. :D

Still been working on my exhaust.

I held on to these stacked MDF molds from my exhaust openings for years just for this step.

8-26-17.JPG

I bored 3" holes through them and clamped them to the body, and connected some long extensions.

8-26-17 2.JPG

8-26-17 6.JPG

It kept the tubes dead centered on the openings so that I could add this hanger/truss to the crossmember.

8-26-17 3.JPG

Then I cut the tubes to length per the 3" to 5" tips.

9-2-17 4.JPG

9-2-17.JPG

Chop, you never cease to amaze me with the creative craftsmanship in your build!

Thanks Jim, I'm pretty happy with the way they came out. I went back and forth on exhaust tips for a long time.

This pic is a bit deceiving but shows a clearer view. My camera does a weird kind of fish eye perspective making the tips look bigger than they really are.

9-2-17 5.JPG

Thanks Jim, I'm pretty happy with the way they came out. I went back and forth on exhaust tips for a long time.

This pic is a bit deceiving but shows a clearer view. My camera does a weird kind of fish eye perspective making the tips look bigger than they really are.

View attachment 13930
I must add that the your neat and clean work area is VERY impressive. I, like you, like to keep things neat and orderly also so I can respect the work involved it you keeping it that way. My garage is jokingly referred to as "The Garage Mahal".

Jim

Choppinczech wrote, My camera does a weird kind of fish eye perspective making the tips look bigger than they really are.

Looks like it does the same thing to the tyres!! LOL
Amazing workmanship, you'll be lucky to get back home in a hour first time you take it down to fill the tank! There's just so much that's going to be covered up once all the panels are on.
Regards,
Mike.

What Tail Lights do you plan to use?

They're '99-'01 Toyota Solara tail lights. Mounted from the inside.

tail lights.JPG

I plan to split the top and bottoms with some body work. Somewhat like this Aston Martin Vanquish.

Aston Martin Vanquish.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back