Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

A couple pics of my latest project

LKE

Banned
I posted these on that other T site, and thought I should here too. Thought some of you might be interested. It's a heavily modified 1924 ford C cab. Spindle mout wheels will be modified for front brakes. There are air bags hidden under the front of the chassis that can just barely be seen. Car is sitting at a high ride height.

100_0443.jpg

Rear end mounts and rear air bag mounts hopefully will be done in the next few days. Everything back here will be round tube. So it is a little slow going
100_0446.jpg

Wow very cool!! Keep us posted on your progress.

Ron

If there was a way to whistle on this site, I would! This will have to do.:hooray:

Looks like you are set for another home run, Larry.

Jim

What year of Jag is the rear? Mine is out of an '86 with 2.88 gears. Way to high, as at 40mph I am running 1600rpm. I love the ride with the IRS and 4- 115lb adjustable coilovers from Speedway, but if I ordered a set again, I would order heavier springs. With my 200lbs. I had to adjust the springs up to maintain my ride height. They settled a lot after awhile. Also had to add a couple of 10K shims on each side to get my camber back to zero. They settled at 4 degrees after a few days driving.

Nice looking C cab take your time less stuff to change later.which means $$$ later.

The front end looks awsome but what about brakes? to early in the build or not using them? We used to build bike with no front brakes and I guess i just asumed they were required now but I have a lot to learn.

bucketkids said:
The front end looks awsome but what about brakes? to early in the build or not using them? We used to build bike with no front brakes and I guess i just asumed they were required now but I have a lot to learn.

It will definately have front brakes. Those wheels are not made for them, so there will be more custom machine work up there.
The square tube tie rod isnt staying either. Neither are the vice grip shock mounts. :rolleyes:

Hey Larry; You gonna have that ready for Wednesday Night ???????????????? I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D Boy-o-Boy, that rearend looks familiar.
Bob

Tbucket425 said:
Hey Larry; You gonna have that ready for Wednesday Night ???????????????? I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D Boy-o-Boy, that rearend looks familiar.
Bob

I would have, but the weather man said it was going to rain, so I stopped working on it :D

Wow, that is going to be a one of a kind ride. I like where it is going.

Cool Ride :lol:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back