Chassis done, Suspension Installed....
100_0472.jpg

100_0471.jpg

100_0470.jpg

And back to the sheet metal work...

100_0473.jpg

100_0475.jpg

100_0474.jpg

Great work, Larry. I hope that you are still going to be able to be a Bonniville next month. We have some air suspension questions that we would like to run by you.

Jim

I'm working on the last of the sheet metal details. Trans/ drive line tunnel, door jambs, filler panels etc. I'll be grinding for a week on this LOL

100_0478.jpg

100_0477.jpg

The seam in the floor was where the body was lengthened a second time. First time was before the floor was in, second time was after. So a little tig welding and it was fixed ;)

Welding inside the car, i keep banging my welding helmet on the roof. And I am beating the crap out the paint on it. I think I may have to repaint it soon :welxome:

weldinghelmet.jpg

Nice helmet my kid brought one with a crack in the edge home from work. these helmets that auto darken are awesome for those of us that don't have good hand eye coordination. But I have a friend that tacks big fans together all day and says they aren't quite fast enough for that eyes still hurt unless uses regular helmet. Really nice job on the fab work.

Putz i think it depends on the helmet mine has increments of mili seconds .5 to blind.I weld alot at work and never been flashed with this helmet.JMO

Hey Kiddo; Your project is looking sooooooooooo good. I guess I'll have to sneak out and take a look. As always, your work is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEEYA:D:D
Bob

Your project is looking great. The sanding is the fun part, you go until you can feel your fingertips anymore. The you realize you don't have fingerprints anymore. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Looking good Larry! I hope that your return trip from the Salt Flats went well. I really enjoyed the time we spent together there. All three of us old guys made the 130 Club.

Jim

Jim, it was good to see you and your wife again. And nice to meet the whole group. Congrats on everyone getting thier time in. So are you coming back next year to go run on the big course ?
Drive home was OK, long and boring. 7 hrs. Normally I would complain, but with how far you guys drove to get there, it just wouldnt be right.

WOW really making progress looking GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

can i ask where you got your body and what it started its life as, your vehicle has facinated me ever since you posted the pictures of it. thanks.
Chaz:please:

chaz75 said:
can i ask where you got your body and what it started its life as, your vehicle has facinated me ever since you posted the pictures of it. thanks.
Chaz:please:

Its a real steel 1924 ford. I bought it off ebay for a couple hundred dollars. It's been chopped 9", lencthened 8", front widend 1.5", back narrowed 4". Roof filled, back window cut out larger, new body lines added, door openings reshaped... A lot of metal work... New progress pics will come next week. Seat is built (and will install later today), brake pedal, master cylinder mounting and steering are all planned for the upcoming week.
You can see the progress at 1924 C Cab project pictures from cars photos on webshots

Ccab.jpg

Wow looks like you have room for a brass pole. LOL

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back