Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Birth of Long John

Does it come in longer lengths?
Here's 20 ft of AN16 hose. And here in AN12. Jegs has lots of sizes and lengths.

TIP: some of the nylon braided hose have a SS inner lining, which is a pain. Make sure the hose does not have SS in it.
TIP 2: I use a Dremel cutoff wheel to cut the hose. Nice clean cuts, much better than a big snip.

Last edited:
ThanksPG. i have always used a cutoff wheel for braided line. I’m going ti use -16 hose and split to two -10 lines for the water into the block and -16 back to radiator.

On the topic of an fittings, what is the general consensus on using them for fuel lines on carbs? I like them except for the bulk. When I bought my t project, the guy had purchased a matching pair of new carbs, distributor, etc, and all an fittings, stainless lines, etc. it just looked overpowering to me. I always liked to make hard lines for such applications... somewhat for cost reduction, mainly just out of habit. To me, simplicity and minimization of such accessories was appealing. I think they will work well for the coolant lines. I mean no offense to anyone either way, just polling for opinions. Back to the Long John build!

You gotta put zoomies and a wicked lopey cam in that thing. Imagine pulling up to a stop light in it . . . pre-staged . . . staged . . . green!!!

Shivers up my spine just looking at that.
G

Thanks Gerry. I think it’s going to look good. I may end up covering the front end. It kinda gets lost I think. Maybe a bright color on the tubes.

I knew Scott when we both belonged to the So-Cal T's T-bucket club in San Diego. It seems to me he sold his purple tub and started drag racing, I wonder if this project is going in that direction.

Just a thought for you long wheel base guys, Scott always ran on the street without front brakes and told me he never thought he needed them. I'm going to guess that the stopping power of 3" tires extended that far ahead of the engine and body is probably not something to write home about, so maybe he had the right idea. Your mileage may vary.

I have the little 1/8” rotor with the Hallcraft calipers so I’m going to put them on. I did buy the Wilwood vented disks for the rear. I think most of the weight will be on the rear so I think I’ll be ok. I have plenty of crumple zone up front! Lol

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back