Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

"Black Dahlia"

Wow that's great news Tfeverfred !!!

Hope to see some new parts very soon !!!

Congrats Fred !!

Thanks, Spanky. But guess what.... 5 minutes ago, they called me back. A warehouse supervisor noticed my resume and wants me to come in Friday and interview for a position in the warehouse as a Receiving Clerk (which was my last job). Better pay and great hours! WOW! I might go buy a lotto ticket!

Sounds like fate. Good for you Fred!

Well......an update of sorts. I got a really cool job a month ago and I love it. Of course that means spare money for my T project. I'm ordering some more engine stuff this week. My engine guy had found a transmission for me and I'll be paying that off shortly. As mentioned earlier, my engine guy is building me a 327 SBC. While I wanted to keep the "old school" vibe on the engine, I've decided to go with an HEI ignition rather than a points type. Function over form.

My build schedule is pretty much out. I'm just taking it as it goes. However, it sure would be nice to have her in Autorama next year. I pop into the forums and I'm keeping up with everyone's progress. You guys ROCK! So.... thank you for all the kind words, when I was job searching and I'll be posting T Bucket updates soon.

My little sisters passing caught me by surprise and I'm kinda recovered and moving on. What had started out as a bad year has turned around. PLEASE... stand by....

Thanks for the update, Fred. We all care about you, and can't wait to see more progress reports!

full

Wow, that's a really really big avatar pic!!!

Wish I had that much room to work! My wife has only parked in the garage one winter
out of 35 or so! And she will tell you so.

Fred-Glad to hear that you got a job you like! It makes going to work so much easier! Always looking forward to your next progress post!

I, too, have HEI, but I still consider it old school!!!

I'm about as old school as you can get. 283, 3 speed stick. I also have an HEI distributor. It's so much better that the old points, condenser.and coil.

On a couple of my other cars, I opted to install Hall effect conversion kits inside of the point distributors. They work great and allow me to retain the original looking small cap distributor. I don’t have anything against hei, other than their rpm limitation, but the size can be an issue on some applications. Just throwing ideas out. What ever works, works!

UPDATE: The friend who's building my engine gave me a call and I'm at the top of his "to do" list! I also made the final payment on the transmission he scored for me! I ordered the motor mounts from CCR today, as well. So, if things go as planned, some friends and I will be dropping the engine and trans onto my chassis next weekend! But I'm not rushing things, so the time table may change, but not by much.

Stay tuned!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back