Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Gary49 building my first hot rod

I painted the rear end today. It's "Sour Green Apple Metallic" from Summit. I really like their paint products. Their stuff is reasonably priced and goes on good too.
I was going to go with bright yellow but the wife liked the green. Well, if she's happy, I'm delirious. LOL You can't really tell from the photo but it does have a high gloss.
Garyrear end.jpg

That's great! I'm getting close to getting mine, too.

Gary, is that the extra-large, super spacious, luxo body and was your frame (car frame) designed and built around it? Extra 10 in. in length?

John

Gary, is that the extra-large, super spacious, luxo body and was your frame (car frame) designed and built around it? Extra 10 in. in length?

John
That's the standard size body. I fabricated the frame with CCR's drawings. The frame is 6" longer at the rear kick for their sport deck, otherwise it is standard. They have a complete set of chassis plans for sale with full size drawings for the frame and all the brackets.
Gary

I ordered the wiring harness for my LS1 today from Painless. I had to give them the rear end ratio and tire diameter so they could program the correct shift points for my 4l60E transmission. I thought I had a 3.73:1 but I counted the teeth and found out it's a 4.10:1. I also ordered the rear coil overs and tranny mount from CCR. It will be Christmas next week.:)

CCR doesn't extend the frame. They move the mounts forward and close the gap between the radiator and front cross member.

CCR doesn't extend the frame. They move the mounts forward and close the gap between the radiator and front cross member.
If you are going with the "Sport Deck", 6" is added to the rear kick and the rear radius rods are 43 1/4" instead of 37 1/4". The rest of the frame and mounts remain the same.
Respectfully,
Gary

If you are going with the "Sport Deck", 6" is added to the rear kick and the rear radius rods are 43 1/4" instead of 37 1/4". The rest of the frame and mounts remain the same.
Respectfully,
Gary
Depends on the engine as well. To fit my 409 Jerry added another 4" beyond what you have above.

Depends on the engine as well. To fit my 409 Jerry added another 4" beyond what you have above.
409, man that's a legend. When I was a kid in the 60s I dreamed of the day I could have one. By the time I grew up and got out of the service you were lucky to find one.

Should have gone with yellow.....

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back