Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Gary49 building my first hot rod

That’s exactly right. I think it takes a special kind of person to love these little cars. They have almost no reature comforts but the funmeter stays pegged. I have a real nice ‘65 Riviera and I’m selling it to fund a blown 454 bucket. I’m 72 years old and it makes NO sense to do it but I can’t help myself! Lol

Truth be known, I didn't know him that well either. I just made a "scientific" guess (SWAG) backed by years of observation. This resulted in my making the assumption that most of us rodders marry way above our station. The odds were in my favor that Gary49 fit the profile. He has not denied the validity of my assumption, so, I feel that I know him better now.:giggle:

Boy, mountainman has my number. I always thought the cars were the common bond among us rodders but now I know it's the fact that we marry above our station.;):thumbsup:

There isn't many that will stick with you while your in the garage every night.
Most people don't have the foresight to see the endgame even when you show them pictures of what it will look like when its done.
Its even harder when its modified and you have to say "the front end will look a bit like this, .. and the back will look a bit like this .. and the top is sorta like that but smaller" ....lol

I feel very fortunate to have a wife that not only understands what I do but is my number one fan and right hand gal. She is always there to help me in the build and maintenance of my rides. But it is a two way street as I also help her in the kitchen and with the house cleaning. It takes teamwork to have a good marriage. IMHO At least, for us, that has worked for 53 years.

Jim

You guys are exactly right. We are very fortunate to have the support of our wives. Can you imagine how unpleasant it would be to be married to someone who didn't understand the force that drives us to build these impractical (but fabulous) cars?
Gary

Christmas is coming again. My sport deck, front shocks, front rotors and brakes, fuel tank and a few other goodies have been shipped from CCR. I can hardly wait.

Christmas is coming again. My sport deck, front shocks, front rotors and brakes, fuel tank and a few other goodies have been shipped from CCR. I can hardly wait.

Go, man! GO!

Great work Gary! How high is your seat riser front and back and what angle do you have it at? Also, how did you attach to the floor? That looks like good old oak.

Thanks, T - Bucket Bob

Great work Gary! How high is your seat riser front and back and what angle do you have it at? Also, how did you attach to the floor? That looks like good old oak.

Thanks, T - Bucket Bob

Bob,
It's 5 3/4" at the front and 3" at the rear. I'm not sure of the angle. I got it where it's comfortable and I think it's around 10 deg. It's red oak and bolts will go through corner blocks into the frame when it's back on the body. I still have to add 2 more mounting blocks then stain and clear urethane.

I got my front rotors and brakes today and put them on. My neighbor works for a Chevy dealership and gave me a couple spare tires until I get my wheels and tires. I guess they throw away a lot of them.
wheels.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back