Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Gary49 building my first hot rod

Woo Hoo. The LS motor can to life today! I don't have the oxygen sensors in yet so the idle was rough. It sure was music to my ears anyway knowing I'm getting close to getting it on the road.

Congrats, man!

Congrats, Gary! I know that feeling, and it persists to a lesser extent every time I start mine. :D

I drove around the block for the first time today. Holy crap!! I'm used to fast cars but that thing will make you crap your pants.

driveway.jpg I still need the windshield, wheels and tires, headlights and a few more things before I take it to the dept. of motor vehicles to get my vin number. It won't be long now!

Attachments

• driveway.jpg
    driveway.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 11
Looks great! The grass is envious.

When I finally break down and paint mine, I hope it looks as good as yours. Nice color green. keep the pics coming.

I got the front wheels and tires and windshield brackets on this weekend. They're cutting the glass for the windshield next week and the week after that I get the back wheels and tires, take it to get it inspected, get a VIN number, then my plates. I can hardley wait.
brackets.jpg

155/80/15 on American Racing Torque Thrust wheels up front. I'm ordering the same type of wheel for the back with 295/50/15 next week.

Nice wheel choice. Who's windshield post did you use?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back