Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Gary49 building my first hot rod

I needed an alternator bracket for the LS so I called ICT Billet. I told them I wasn't running power steering or anything, just an alternator. They not only had the exact bracket I needed but the correct idler pulley, bolts,spacers and belt. The whole combo was only $112.000 with free shipping. They are another great vendor to add to the list.
alternator bracket.jpg That hose is going to be shortened and clamped. :thumbsup:

G'Day Gary,
If you change that fitting out for a right angle one the hose will be even shorter. ;-))
Regards,
Mike.

G'Day Gary,
If you change that fitting out for a right angle one the hose will be even shorter. ;-))
Regards,
Mike.
Thanks Mike. Those fittings aren't even tightened. I just threw together some stuff I had on the bench temporarily and barely stuck the hose on to see if it fit. I'm not sure if I'll even keep that setup. ;):)

You are probably the only one that will notice it Gary, most people that look at the car won't know if you don't tell them. Lovely colour, some dark green with white pin striping will set that off a treat.
Regards,
Mike.

Metallic can be tricky to spray. Looks good. I’ve resprayed many things over similar issues as has every painter... most other people likely wouldn’t notice it, but the painter can’t help but see it, lol...

Looking good so far, are you working from drawings or is just in your head?

Gary, what's the typical number of circuits in a t bucket wire harness?
I'm not sure exactly. Some people may have more accessories than others. Mine has a regular fuse block and a fuse block for the LS motor itself with relays for the injectors and fuel pump.

I can see where the LS platform would require a more complex harness. Mine will need just the bare essentials.

Woo Hoo. The LS motor can to life today! I don't have the oxygen sensors in yet so the idle was rough. It sure was music to my ears anyway knowing I'm getting close to getting it on the road.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back