Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Header Design & Build

Not too shabby.

That's great, Rick. When you think about it, why waste all that time and energy getting the lengths and bends just right, and then have the exhaust flanges not match the ports!!! :cool: Good job. :thumbsup:

Looking good, Indy. Anticipating some killer pipes from GP. Maybe we can have both our cars ready for the next T-Nats.

Copper trim coil can be procured from commercial roofing suppliers if you need it in the future. It is sold in various widths and lengths. It is used as flashing, etc. Just a FYI.

Not too shabby.
Thanks, I appreciate the comment!

If the flange on your new headers is thick enough, have them return the copper and use it as your exhaust gaskets.
Yes, that's what I was hoping to do. If they don't seal well enough, I can re-think the situation later.

When you think about it, why waste all that time and energy getting the lengths and bends just right, and then have the exhaust flanges not match the ports!!!
Exactly!

Maybe we can have both our cars ready for the next T-Nats.
It better be ready, I already have reservation. So you are coming to the Nats this year?

Copper trim coil can be procured from commercial roofing suppliers if you need it in the future. It is sold in various widths and lengths.
That's a good idea I hadn't thought of !

G'Day Indy,
When it comes time to use the copper for the flange seal, anneal it over the BBQ burner, (Heat red hot and air cool) that way the copper will form to any small discrepancies in the face of the flanges, if down the track you take the headers off, anneal the gaskets and go again.
Regards,

G'Day Indy,
When it comes time to use the copper for the flange seal, anneal it over the BBQ burner, (Heat red hot and air cool) that way the copper will form to any small discrepancies in the face of the flanges, if down the track you take the headers off, anneal the gaskets and go again.
Regards,
I hadn't thought of that. You must be referring to a charcoal BBQ, to get that much heat. I wonder
if a MAP gas torch would work?

Oh, my, Nats are in Townsend, TN. That's 1000 miles for me. Who picks these places, anyway?

That's 1000 miles for me. Who picks these places, anyway?
So it's settled, you are volunteering to have the next Nats in Minnesota ! Can I stay in your
house and save a few bucks ???

Did you hear that Spanky, PotvinGuy just volunteered to have the NTBA Nationals ???

G'Day Indy,
A rosebud tip on a MAP torch should do the trick, the copper is half hard (my description) when you get it. A number of places in your brake system use a banjo fitting requiring a copper washer to seal, if you don't anneal the washer (yes new ones) it will most likely leak under pressure during use. We had copper head gaskets on our Go Kart motors and they had to be annealed each use. My BBQ has long gas burners, so it's easy to heat items like a flange gasket, it just needs to go cherry red and then allowed to air cool, how soft it's gone will be obvious. Hope this helps.
Regards,

So it's settled, you are volunteering to have the next Nats in Minnesota ! Can I stay in your
house and save a few bucks ??? Did you hear that Spanky, PotvinGuy just volunteered to have the NTBA Nationals ???

Yep! I have a lovely back yard to serve as a combined toilet and bed. And the police impound lot will let us use their facility for parking. But there is a stiff exit fee.

Just wondering, do you have neighbors that you want to keep on a friendly basis ???

If your neighbors have a pool, most nights I love to take a couple midnight swims in
the nude around 2:30 to 4:30 AM! ..... I find it liberating !

Should I include some pics from previous events, just encase you don't understand my
previous comments ???

What say you now ???

Just wondering, do you have neighbors that you want to keep on a friendly basis ???
I think there are people living in the houses around me. But I don't want to ever meet them or, God forbid, have them befriend me. So come in your birthday suit, set yourself on fire and run door to door screaming "I will eat your liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti!"

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back