Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Just played in the shop today

RPM

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Sponsor
I been wanting to build this little wagon for my grandson. He turned 11 months today and this is for his 1 st birthday next month. I got to finish some of the welding, take it all apart and powder coat it and letter it. Got to polish those wheels too. The steering works even got billet tie rods. I did not get the Ackerman correct, but don't tell him.
11-14-10008.jpg

11-14-10006.jpg

Now that is what I call being a "GREAT" grandpa!

Jim

Ron, that is just to cool! A little roll and pleat interior, chrome the steering and he's the coolest dude in town!!

What kind of MPG do you expect?
gerry

Atta a boy Ron ... get him started early. He gonna be the new shop forman next year?

Ron

These are really cool a buddy has one with an aluminum bed all polished with the same go cart wheels.

Ron, Photos when he gets it would be really cool.....Ruggs

Ron,

The wagon looks great! It's always fun making stuff for the grandkids.

Not to be critical Ron but you should make the handle with a loop and a flat spot to grab on to easier for young kids to hold on to.Maybe something like this safer also just the handle I am referring to.

118522_lg.jpg

Not to be critical Ron but you should make the handle with a loop and a flat spot to grab on to easier for young kids to hold on to.Maybe something like this safer also just the handle I am referring to.

118522_lg.jpg

I though about that, but I ordered, bicycle handle bar grips to fit on the handle I made. Got it all apart this morning and took it to the powder coaters. Should be done by Friday and when I put it back together I'll post some more pics.

Still waiting to see what Ted has to say about the front end. The T handle will be for the puller, not the pullee. By the time your grandson is big enough to steer he'll be too big to fit. Problem solved. I can imagine that the bright colors and all the oohs & aaws from the audience will be plenty for the time being. It will also make a neato parts wagon at swap meets.

John

P.S. You really should figure out top bows and a top for it to.

Got the wagon back from powder coat and got it lettered. I have to mount the go kart seat and the Simpson harness.
RPMspeedwagon.jpg

Rpmspeedwagon-1.jpg

The lettering is what they use on emergency vehicles that lights up when a light shines on it. Reflective I guess you would call it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back