Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Mustang front end

Has anyone used a mustang 2 front end on a t bucket any pics

• Would u

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Or not

Votes: 27 65.9%

• Total voters
Just a friendly suggestion. Two posts on the same subject aren't going to get a lot of response; you may get a response to your question if you also post an intro.

As DCMJ pointed out, I initially saw your post in the other topic. I split that post into its own thread, so it would be more easily noticed. Then I see you've started a topic of your own. o_O

The other post/thread has been removed. Please don't post multiple threads asking the same question.

Sorry I'm new here & was not sure where to put it
Have you guys seen this front end on a bucking that someone drives

What do you think the best wheel base for a bucket is
Thanks Carmen

I've seen a few in pics and while it may ride well, it just doesn't look right to ME. I think that sometimes, people over engineer hot rods and a T Bucket is surely not meant to be over done. I feel they should be simple in design and build. IFS? Sheesh.

I'm not a huge fan of them on T's unless you spend the bucks to get the $$ polished or tubular type. It works better on the T's with fenders. Here are a few pics from the NTBA Nats this year. I photographed the front end of every T there on Sat. (link here to all of them here: NTBA NATS) Here are the ones with IFS and no fenders:
DSCF0162.jpg

DSCF0152.jpg

DSCF0203.jpg

DSCF0243.jpg

Ben, in my opinion the only one that looks anywhere near right is the last shot of the one with the track nose. The others just seem out of place and awkward looking. IMHO

Jim

Wow thanks for the pics is there any more
Thanks carmen

Carmen, click on the link that Ben provided in his post if you want to see more pictures.

Jim

What Jim said x2.

Ron

At the risk of offending someone who may have one on his car, I agree that only a straight axle looks right on a T bucket.........or any fenderless car for that matter. The track nose car isn't horrible but the rest just look wrong to me. JMO.

Don

we have a tread for posting pics in the Bar & Grill section

This came up in a conversation with some guys ,and someone said is it a tbucket or a sports car.

With all due respect I love my Tbucket we put 2000 miles on it last summer
I just want to be able to drive it 2 1/2 hours on the highway & the front end is not made to cruise @ 65 -70 mph
This is my new hobby & iam building my bucket with a new LSX 427 fuel injected over drive trany
Bigger bucket rack & pinion steering I may put some heat in it to for the cool nights
I know most of you won't like my build but hey to each his own
I have some pics I would like to share

Carmen said, "With all due respect I love my Tbucket we put 2000 miles on it last summer
I just want to be able to drive it 2 1/2 hours on the highway & the front end is not made to cruise @ 65 -70 mph."

With all due respects, Carmen, we put more than 2000 miles per year on our roadster with a tube axle and are quite comfortable in it for extended cruises at highway speeds. I built the car to ride firm but not harsh and to handle well. I have had many guys ride with me, including some on this forum, and they have all been pleased with the good ride and handling characteristics of my car. My wife has arthritis and sever back problems and she is also very comfortable in it.

Jim

P.S. We also have a 23000 btu heater with a 3 speed blower for the cool nights like you said that you wanted in your car and it works great.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back