Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Mustang front end

Has anyone used a mustang 2 front end on a t bucket any pics

• Would u

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Or not

Votes: 27 65.9%

• Total voters
Well this was us playing around I think the wheel base will be around 102 - 105 or so Ill know better after saturday when we weld her in

Got a great day of work in on my bucket
Got the new firewall mounted

Attachments

• 1C.jpg
    1C.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 29
I certainly hope a transverse leaf and straight axle are good for highway speeds.
Well now thats why I changed it
My car was a lot of fun to drive BUT I could not go much over 55-60 it would start to get the front wheels to bounce we did everything we could it got better but I still didnt like it.
Plus I wanted more room so thats why I built this new car
Bigger better faster
Stay tuned

I'm not trying to put anyone down, but, if your straight axle /transverse spring frt. end doesn't perform well, it's poorly engineered, poorly executed, or poorly adjusted, this is a time proven suspension that done properly ,just plain works. Their have been hundreds of thousands of these frt. ends built that work perfectly.

dave

Dave
I here what your saying I wanted something different
By the way we have coil over shocks all 4 wheels
rack & pinion steering I hope it runs like a dream
If not Ill start over2A.jpg5A.jpg6A.jpg4A.jpg

I'm not trying to put anyone down, but, if your straight axle /transverse spring frt. end doesn't perform well, it's poorly engineered, poorly executed, or poorly adjusted, this is a time proven suspension that done properly ,just plain works. Their have been hundreds of thousands of these frt. ends built that work perfectly.

dave

I disagree with this statement. The road quality has a HUGE effect on this type of front end. If you have poor roads they will throw these things all over no matter how "right" it is.

I certainly hope a transverse leaf and straight axle are good for highway speeds.

My experience has been they are fine on a decent road. Interstates in some cities have caused some tightness in the anal area. The big thing seems to be bridges that are 2" higher than the road or really big dips. A straight axle does not like those items.

Actually the 32 on good road drives better at 70/75 that say at 40. The only thing about driving that fast is the noise. A T will be noisy anyway.

If I were building another fenderless car today it would have a straight axle.

Carmen,

Keep posting pics of your build. I like that it is something different. It looks great so far.
As they say "Different strokes for different folks".

PaulR

I agree to each his own. I have set up MII's on 4 cars, a '40 chevy, a '36 Ford and 2 '46 Fords. They where great handling cars with good ride characteristics. Call me Ol'School if ya want to but if a T dosen't have a track nose I like 'em with a straight axle. Your project is an interesting one. Keep the posts coming. I do appiecate good building skills.

Ron

Carmen,

Keep posting pics of your build. I like that it is something different. It looks great so far.
As they say "Different strokes for different folks".

PaulR

I agree with Paul, Looks good to me, keep posting the build, I also like different as long as it built safe go for it!
Jerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back