Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My Budget Traditional T Build

If you look at Spirits web site for front panhard bar, you will see the piece that is used to mount to the bat wing. It is on the left of the picture. And yes it bolts through the lower clevis.
Lee

Haven't updated in a long time. My '55 has been keeping me busy with installing new rear axles and bearings (NOT a fun job!)

But I finally got some paint on the t- bucket body and grill shell today. It came out a little orange-peely, but I'll let it dry for a couple of weeks then color sand & buff...

Thanks John,

I'm not sure I understand the question, but the pan hard bar helps to keep the front end centered. Some don't think it's necessary with the front leaf, but I like having it. And, I like the simplicity of the traditional steering configuration.

I would think that the leaf spring is trying to make the suspension move up and down vertically, and the panhard bar wants it to go in an arc so the two are fighting each other. Yes, the movement is so small that there is probably no harm done at all, ain't OCD just grand.

Yes, you're correct about the theory. If there was 4 or 5 inches of suspension travel it would be a problem. But like you said, at maybe 1-2 inches it's a non-issue. In any case, that's why the panhard bars should be as level with the chassis as possible.

I've been working hard on the little, time consuming things like brakes and small details that really don't show much progress. But I'm almost to the point of installing the body and beginning the wiring (which I'm not looking forward to). I need to color sand and buff it first though. So it will be a week or so...

I finally got the color-sanding/buffing done. I'm pretty happy with it, so I think I'm ready to install the body on the frame now. Also installed the trans cooler. Woohoo! Getting there!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back