Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My Budget Traditional T Build

Looking good!

Yes once you get the wires, headers, carb and other goodies, the engine compartment fills up quick.

On another note, you may want to remove the interior stuff (At least the seats) before you start wiring, it will get in the way in ways you cannot imagine...lol

Thanks guys!
Looking good!

Yes once you get the wires, headers, carb and other goodies, the engine compartment fills up quick.

On another note, you may want to remove the interior stuff (At least the seats) before you start wiring, it will get in the way in ways you cannot imagine...lol
Yes, all that stuff in the interior is just sitting unattached. Everything is coming back out except the jute padding which is glued in now.

That is a beautiful car you are building! I like the creativity with the tanks and rear panel, and your interior is gorgeous! Where did you get the panels and seat?

That is a beautiful car you are building! I like the creativity with the tanks and rear panel, and your interior is gorgeous! Where did you get the panels and seat?
Thanks!
I made the panels out of .040 aluminum and covered them (using 3M spray adhesive) with pre-made pleated marine vinyl. It was very easy.

I bought the seats already done on ebay from stitchbtch for $180.

Bob, does your state require a rear license plate light? If so, I don't see one in your pictures. No sense giving some cop an excuse to pull over to help him make his quota for the week or month. IMHO

Jim

Bob,

With those seats, two questions:

-Did you put the fuse box and associated wiring under the dash?
-Where did you put the battery?

Great looking ride!

Mark

Last edited:
Bob, does your state require a rear license plate light? If so, I don't see one in your pictures. No sense giving some cop an excuse to pull over to help him make his quota for the week or month. IMHO

Jim
Yes, NY requires a plate light. My plan is to use two 12v LED modules that are self adhesive (we use them in the sign trade), stick them on the tank and bend up a small shield to hide them. Actually, Ill probably bend up an angle from black aluminum, stick them in that then install the whole thing on the tank with double sided tape.

Bob,

With those seats, two questions:

-Did you put the fuse box and associated wiring under the dash?
-Where did you put the battery?

Great looking ride!

Mark
Thanks Mark! The fuse box will be tucked under the dash. The battery is mounted under the body on the passenger's side. If you look earlier in the thread, you can see how I made the mount. It is easily accessible from under the car.

I finished the rear interior panel, so the interior is pretty much done now. Though, I still haven't worked out exactly how I'm going to stick them and get them to stay to the inside walls of the body. I was thinking about that industrial strength plastic velcro-style stuff...

I was a little concerned how it might look in the rear corners where the pleats meet in a "vee" shape. I thought it might not look right, but I think I can live with it...

Oh yeah, I forgot about those LED bolts. That is a great idea. Oh well, we have a bunch of these spares laying around so it's a good use for them rather than throw them out.

I really like the simplicity of your interior and would enjoy stealing shamelessly from your ideas. Are the seats comfortable enough? Did you have to mount them laid back a little? Awesome and inspiring work there!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back