Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My Budget Traditional T Build

I really like the simplicity of your interior and would enjoy stealing shamelessly from your ideas. Are the seats comfortable enough? Did you have to mount them laid back a little? Awesome and inspiring work there!
Thanks guys! It means a lot. Here is a page from earlier in the thread when I was setting up the seat mounts. They are pretty comfy...for now anyway. We'll see after an hour on the road, that will tell the tale.

https://tbucketeers.com/threads/my-budget-traditional-t-build.14831/page-7

Yesterday I finished wiring most of the outside of the car (lights, horn, engine, battery, etc.)! I tested the light circuits and everything actually works! Woohoo! Major victory for me, ha ha ha. And it looks nice and neat too. :thumbsup: Now for the dash stuff, which should be pretty straightforward. It won't be long now :D

Yesterday I finished wiring most of the outside of the car (lights, horn, engine, battery, etc.)! I tested the light circuits and everything actually works! Woohoo! Major victory for me, ha ha ha. And it looks nice and neat too. :thumbsup: Now for the dash stuff, which should be pretty straightforward. It won't be long now :D
Are you running turn signals or keeping it old school?

Yes, the one I have is a common one from Speedway. I believe the wiring is the same as what was posted in the tech section here.

Getting very close to the end now. The interior is finished, wiring 99.9% done. Today and yesterday were exhausting tackling all the little things one by one. One task today was to wire and install the horn and a 12V charger port. The port was driving me nuts! Every time I plugged in the charger I blew a fuse. Then I lost the brake lights and everything just snowballed into a chaotic stressfest, lol. :confused: I've never climbed in, under and over a car so many times in my life. I found muscles I didn't know I had :eek: I was chasing my tail for HOURS trying to figure out what was wrong. It turned out to be the phone charger itself was shorting out inside the well and the brake lights were on the same circuit. I tried a different charger and it works fine. Crazy, frustrating day, but I'm feeling better now. :thumbsup:

Also fabbed up a bracket for the throttle and kickdown cables, installed the steering column & accessories, shifter, routed shifter cable including custom brackets, painted the headers, installed seats, trans dip stick, etc.

The list is still long but getting shorter...;)

Saturday was the big day! It went pretty well. I had a few issues but nothing super terrible and I was able to deal with them and make our weekly Saturday night cruise-in and today's cruise to nowhere with my club.

The car runs and drives almost flawlessly. Of course it's a land rocket and a blast to drive...though a little bumpy and the wind buffeting is pretty bad. But I'm getting used to it. Now I see why the old timers used the skull cap/goggles:eek:

Overall it has very good road manners with no real major weirdness issues other than a few minor things to tweak. You really have to stand on the brakes to make them work though. You can lock them up but it takes a lot of effort. I'm working on making that better. Maybe they just need to break in or a power booster is needed...:thumbsdown:

The engine & trans are near perfect but it could definitely use a higher stall converter. But that will be a winter project. I still have a few minor tasks to complete but for now she's on the road! Overall I'm very pleased considering this is my first build...Thanks everyone for your help.:thumbsup:

[URL=http://s814.photobucket.com/user/bobs66440/media/zz_zps547d4f21.jpg.html][/URL]

Last edited:
Totally awesome! Glad you had such a great day! Your bucket looks right at home in those pics! Thanks for sharing them as this inspires those of us who are just starting out!!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back