Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My First T-Bucket Build

Thank you! I hadn't thought of putting a finish on the rotors. I guess I will have to think about that one and decide when the time comes.

I did my calipers in the Eastwood Spray Gray to give them the natural cast finish.

Jim

I painted everything on the rotors that the brake pads did not contact. I did wait until the rotors had a wear pattern, so I would know where not to paint.

Looks really good! Black is the new....... black!:D

Started some assembly this weekend. I got to this point before I realized that I somehow forgot to powder coat the spindles. So I wasn't able to get started on the front. I also realized that I got quite a bit of paint over spray on my frame despite having covered it with plastic sheeting. So that's going to be fun, trying to remove the over spray without messing up the powder coat finish. Any ideas on the best course of action? I ordered a clay bar kit this morning so I guess I'm going to try that out and see how it works. It's things like this that make me hate working in such a small garage space... But seeing the car starting to come together, despite a few obstacles, was a good feeling. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

For sure do a test spot. I have had lacquer thinner dull or remove fresh power coat. You might give naptha a try.

Be careful when you do your brakes also, brake fluid will dull the finish very quickly. The guy who did my race car frame didn't plug some of the threaded holes. I used brake fluid, turned it to snot, and was easy to clean out.

I would try paint thinner or mineral spirits first, naptha would probably be safe as well, but anything abrasive is probably not going to make you happy.

Well.... I was in my garage last night looking at the overspray on my frame when I noticed a couple of small spots on the frame where the powder was sprayed too thin and a little rust was showing. So I called the company today and they are going to sand the frame down a bit and re-coat it for me. So I guess that solves my overspray issue. Might see if they will put a clear coat on top of it too for some extra protection while they are at it. Wish they would have done it right the first time, but at least they are going to fix it without any trouble. So now it's going to be a few weeks before I can get back to work on it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back