Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My New T-Bucket Build

Joe-405

Well the guy thats building my chassis is on the ball finally. So i figured its time to start posting pictures and an actual build thread as this is gonna be a wild build !

Set in Stone Specs..............

1. 4" drop axle and radius rods from RPM
2. Chassis is 113.5" total length (will get wheelbase when rolling)
3. SBC Twin Turbo w/built TH350 (i said it was gonna be wild!!!) P.S. Power Adder Might Change
4. Full Roll Cage without destroying the looks
5. Ladder Bar rear suspension with a Ford 9"
6. And to have lots of fun with my dad at the Nostalgia Drags !!!!

And as promised here is pics in progress ..........................

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 355
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 365
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 356
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 360
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 359
And today's progress is finishing and sanding and finishing and sanding and getting itchy in between !! lol

And 2nd was laying the chassis out on the floor to scale !

Attachments

• 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 352
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 343
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 347
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 354
Once you do your layout and cutting, what surface will you use for flatness? I was thinking about using a steel door, one that has been string checked for flatness. What do you think, will it work?

Once you do your layout and cutting, what surface will you use for flatness? I was thinking about using a steel door, one that has been string checked for flatness. What do you think, will it work?

The shop floor it is on is made especially flat in that spot for frame building. (it sucks for water drain tho) Alot of people use a plumb bob, Or just measure ALOT and tack and then recheck. Even drag cars dont have to be exactly dead on thats why you have so many adjustment points on your suspension. But its always easier to get it straighter. The easiest way i have seen done is to use a couple pieces of plywood attached together then put put shims under the chassis to set it.

Looking good Joe! Can't wait to see the cage. What type body is that?

The body is a guy here local in OKC. He said he has the rights to it and has them made in texas somewhere..............Now that being said i see "made in mexico" stickers imbeded in the fiberglass on the inside of it so who knows.

The cage we are thinking probably this design...................................

Attachments

• 529780_579515402077218_351792595_n.jpg
    529780_579515402077218_351792595_n.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 307
Update just so you guys know.......I had surgery so I'm out on doing anything for a month or so. But I still have the car. I will get back on it as soon as possible.

Thanks guys, It was only a gall bladder removal BUT i had cancer a few years ago so its making it harder to recover. But on a side note im collecting parts still, So i will have plenty to do when i get back to normal.

Here's to a quick recovery!

Was this quick enough for yeah ? haha. I learned that when i had cancer to not listen to doctors. If i can get up and around i am working on this body ! And i didnt go over my 5lb. weight limit so i finished a dreaded ritual................Body to Bed !

Attachments

• 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 260
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    193.1 KB · Views: 265
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 254
FINALLY HES DONE !!! ......................................... And its gonna be 110" wheelbase. Not bad for a guess on frame rail dimensions and being dead on to what i wanted it to be.

Body Meet Frame......Frame Meet Body ! :cool:

Attachments

• 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    209.3 KB · Views: 229
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 229
  • 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 234
  • 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    188.6 KB · Views: 227

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back